Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Tried asking this question on the Overload thread....

... bought thought I'd try here as well :) Are there ANY owners of Akubra made Stetson OR ( the current CD model ) out there? Are there any notecable differences btw these hats and does anyone have any pics of any ? :)

CitizenGenet

Familiar Face
Just a tipoff that there should be a taupe fawn Campdraft size 61 up on eBay again soon (not mine). I bought it but the seller didn't accept PayPal, so I told him just to put it back up for sale.

Jim2903

One of the Regulars
Just a tipoff that there should be a taupe fawn Campdraft size 61 up on eBay again soon (not mine). I bought it but the seller didn't accept PayPal, so I told him just to put it back up for sale.

I saw that ... would have grabbed it myself, if it was a 60 ... got a silverbelly on order, due in January ...

Bebop

Practically Family

I'm pretty sure it's mandatory for a seller to accept paypal on ebay. It's supposed to be the only form of payment acceptable on ebay. [huh]

MarkD

One of the Regulars
It's here!! You guys were right, I love it. I noticed right away that it is stiffer than my Glen Grey confirming what has been mentioned here before. I'm sure it will soften up with use but it is totally acceptable as is anyway.

I like the darker colors, maybe because up here in the cool and cold months the heat from whatever sun may peek through is actually welcome. I sprayed it down with distilled water, bashed it and put it on where it will remain until it conforms to my noggin. This thing is a very dark brown. I think "Mid Brown" is misleading. It almost looks black or at the very least dark charcoal while wet. Not that I'm complaining!

I love these Campdrafts!!!

MarkD

One of the Regulars
Thanks Neo, I'm thrilled! It actually only took 10 weeks so in my mind I got it early! I will try to post pics tomorrow. How is the "western quest" going? There sure are a lot of choices aren't there? I really like your Boss Of The Plains idea. I think it will be great on you. Just have patience, the moments like I am having right now will occur over and over throughout your lifetime as you make new acquisitions!

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
How is the "western quest" going? There sure are a lot of choices aren't there? I really like your Boss Of The Plains idea.

There sure are a lot of choices lol! When I'm not doing tons of homework and studying (and eating and playing video games ;)), I'm scouring the net for examples of Old West wear. I'm trying to keep it as versatile as possible (without looking sloppy), as I don't dress up much and I can't afford to have an expensive custom "dresstern" sitting around in my dorm :).

At any rate, after the research comes the gathering of the necessary re$ource$. That will be made easier, hopefully, during the upcoming holiday season ;).

Thanks Neo, I'm thrilled! It actually only took 10 weeks so in my mind I got it early! I will try to post pics tomorrow.

You're a bona fide trooper; I don't know how you guys wait that long (even if you got it "early") lol. Can't wait to see those pics tomorrow!

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
It's here!! You guys were right, I love it. I noticed right away that it is stiffer than my Glen Grey confirming what has been mentioned here before. I'm sure it will soften up with use but it is totally acceptable as is anyway.

I like the darker colors, maybe because up here in the cool and cold months the heat from whatever sun may peek through is actually welcome. I sprayed it down with distilled water, bashed it and put it on where it will remain until it conforms to my noggin. This thing is a very dark brown. I think "Mid Brown" is misleading. It almost looks black or at the very least dark charcoal while wet. Not that I'm complaining!

I love these Campdrafts!!!

I will look forward to your pictures of your "Mid-Brown" CD as my Stylemaster was sold as a "Mid-Brown" as well and in truth it is a very dark brown. In fact it almost perfectly matches the shade of brown of a piece of a freinds Godiva Dark Chocolate which is what I refer to it as :)

Here's a pretty good pic of the color of my Stylemaster :

Squatter1022.jpg

The flash lightened it up some. :)

Jim2903

One of the Regulars
I will look forward to your pictures of your "Mid-Brown" CD as my Stylemaster was sold as a "Mid-Brown" as well and in truth it is a very dark brown. In fact it almost perfectly matches the shade of brown of a piece of a freinds Godiva Dark Chocolate which is what I refer to it as :)

Here's a pretty good pic of the color of my Stylemaster :

Squatter1022.jpg

The flash lightened it up some. :)

Niiiiice ...

EggHead

Practically Family
Yes, that's the color of my Leisure Time - it's called Heritage Fawn on EA site. It's darker than mid-brown, but I like it, maybe slightly taupe-brown.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Yes, that's the color of my Leisure Time - it's called Heritage Fawn on EA site. It's darker than mid-brown, but I like it, maybe slightly taupe-brown.

I don't know as I'd use the color name of TAUPE for it. Taupe is a greyish brown color and i haven't noticed any grey shade in my "mid-brown" in any light ! :)

MarkD

One of the Regulars
There sure are a lot of choices lol! When I'm not doing tons of homework and studying (and eating and playing video games ;)), I'm scouring the net for examples of Old West wear. I'm trying to keep it as versatile as possible (without looking sloppy), as I don't dress up much and I can't afford to have an expensive custom "dresstern" sitting around in my dorm :).

At any rate, after the research comes the gathering of the necessary re$ource$. That will be made easier, hopefully, during the upcoming holiday season ;).

I hear you. Your priorities are in line, it's a pleasure seeing young men such as yourself making good decisions.

canuk_guy

New in Town
How did you do that???

Mr E Train,

How did you get that bash looking that good? Just received my Campdraft and I'm dying to get that bash into my hat. This is my first hat to bash myself and right now it's looking like it. Some guidance would be muchly appreciated ... truth be told, a lot of guidance would be needed and appreciated.

Cheers, Guy
aka canuk_guy

My double-pinch diamond bash is no more. It was a nice experiment, and I liked it, but the shape of the bash was causing the sides to blow out too much, so it looked too wide when viewed from the front. I smoothed it out and made a less rounded C-crown/teardrop and a narrower front pinch. Looks much better to me now.

bgcdnewbashfront.jpg

bgcdnewbashside.jpg

bgcdnewbashback.jpg

bgcdnewbashtop.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrgorve