Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
gtdean48 said:
My reply from Ron at Hat's Direct about the Moonstone Campdraft possibility...

I guess we will just wait then, but I think its a great idea and I would still love to have one. October will be here before we know.

Mr. Paladin said:
I guess we will just wait then, but I think its a great idea and I would still love to have one. October will be here before we know.
Mr P & all others, express your interest by emailing Ron. If he gets some proactive market research, he may be more eager. I guess we could also try Sam at EA as well.

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
gtdean48 said:
Mr P & all others, express your interest by emailing Ron. If he gets some proactive market research, he may be more eager. I guess we could also try Sam at EA as well.
I'll be happy to e-mail him and let him know of my interest. GTD, could you provide his address for us? I've got the general sales address, but not Ron's.
Thanks,
Steve

CRH

Call Me a Cab
gtdean48 said:

Cheers, Ron

BTW - we have just introduced the Squatter in Willow Green and a Steel Grey is following soon. Should make it to the web in the next few days...[/I]

Served with an open crown and a nice tart Dendelion wine........... to piss everybody off :p.

........... more roast hog for the rest of us :eusa_clap.

Corky

Practically Family
A couple of snapshots of the BlueGrass Green Camp Draft...

Here are a couple of snapshots of the BlueGrass Green Camp Draft.

The pics were taken with the same camera a few minutes apart, in the same light, and at a similar angle...

Against a white background it looks green...

green-1a.jpg

But next to a blue background, it looks gray...

green-2a.jpg

I am aware that replacing the thin ribbon and wind cord with a custom band on a venerable Camp Draft is considered a sacrilege around here.

I feel the right leather band improves the design significantly.

Best of luck

Cross-posted at:
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=800803

jazzncocktails said:
I'll be happy to e-mail him and let him know of my interest. GTD, could you provide his address for us? I've got the general sales address, but not Ron's.
Thanks,
Steve
Ron has always answered the general sales email address. That is all I have ever used....[huh]

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
gtdean48 said:
Mr P & all others, express your interest by emailing Ron. If he gets some proactive market research, he may be more eager.

gtd, I have emailed him this morning with the request. The more the merrier, besides, I need another Camp Draft! (like a hole in the head but I WANT one of those)

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
Need More People To E-Mail Hats Direct!

Deb responded to my e-mail with the following:

"Hi Steve,

the new ribbon looks great!

I'll put your email in the 'requests' file. When we order a new colour, we have to order 50 hats so it can take a while to establish enough market for a new colour. Have you checked out the Glen Grey? Not as pale as Moonstone but a nice colour.

cheers,
Deb"

So, they clearly need enough volume to justify the new color. They know that three of us are interested (GTD, Mr. Paladin, and myself). Who else will e-mail Hats Direct to urge them to make the Campdraft in Moonstone? I don't think we need 50 people to e-mail, but enough to make the production of the lids worthwhile.

Send Ron, Jenny, or Deb a note at sales@hatsdirect.com!

Steve

Dundee

A-List Customer
So, they clearly need enough volume to justify the new color. They know that three of us are interested (GTD, Mr. Paladin, and myself). Who else will e-mail Hats Direct to urge them to make the Campdraft in Moonstone? I don't think we need 50 people to e-mail, but enough to make the production of the lids worthwhile.

I just sent an email making known my interest in a Camp Draft in Moonstone.

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
Dundee said:

I just sent an email making known my interest in a Camp Draft in Moonstone.
Goose and I have also e-mailed them about the Moonstone CD, so that's 5. And I posted a request for others to e-mail their interest on the Akubra Overload thread, too.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
jazzncocktails said:
Goose and I have also e-mailed them about the Moonstone CD, so that's 5. And I posted a request for others to e-mail their interest on the Akubra Overload thread, too.

Goose in a thin ribbon? JTL makes a lumpy crease.

Good grief! The world is so messed up... I could end up in a Bogart or a Rap ;).

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
Anything could happen...

For instance, I was on ebay earlier tonight and asked my wife if I'd look good in a boater--one was available in a 7 3/8. Her only response, from the other room, was "You don't boat." But you never know, I could...

Then again, from the tone in her voice, I probably couldn't. She puts up with my fedoras, so maybe I'll just stick with the CD and keep harmony in the home.

Rain & a Campdraft

It was a nice steady rain north of Atlanta last evening & I had to talk to a guy about clearing some brush on the ranch, so I put on my Silver Belly CD. It got good & soaked. Later about 1145pm, I had 3 horses come in from Texas & it was still coming down but lighter than before. The damp CD went back on & got some more H20. Now this morning, it was still a might misty so I grab the same hat. This hat feels so much better after the good watering & drying out. I firmly believe all CD need a good rain soaking to reach their true felt state. My other 2 will be coming out for their turns in the rain. All this & it kept my head dry too! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe