Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Maxwell

I really love the look of buttons on leather jackets. Can't say I'd know with what to wear 'em but there's something really nice about the buttons. That's a helluva beautiful style, that Maxwell. Must be tough to button up the CXL HH, though?

I didn't care for it either. But I also sniffed glue in high school so...god bless the Ramones.

I wish good jackets were as easily available to me as the... good stuff, back then.

MRB1248

Familiar Face
I have to say, with the buttons I am glad I got the jacket when I am young...ish. if I had arthritis, it would never be buttoned. But they do seem to be easing up after a few days.

And that is a beautiful jacket Fanch. I love the grain in the goatskin.

BobJ

Practically Family
Very nice jacket MRB1248! I know it's a matter of personal preference, but I like my jacket length exactly like yours. I want it to cover, at least the top of my belt, when I sit down. Your sleeves are spot on too. I hate to say it, but it almost looks like it was made for you!:D I have a couple questions: What kind of leather is it - sounds like CXL from the discussion, is it? Horse or steer? Also, what kind of mobility do you have in it? You wear it well.

MRB1248

Familiar Face
Thanks Bobj. It is cxl horse. Really stiff right now but softening faster than I thought it would. Amd the color is great. Seems to be a little different in different light.

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I got my new Aero Maxwell at the end of last week and it's fantastic! Only a couple modifications to the design, which is a straight yoke on the back, straps on the cuffs like the Route 66, and no chest pocket.
I did have to shorten the arms, because, well, I seem to be built like Fred Flintstone.
Let me know what you think.
great looking jacket!!!

wdw

One Too Many
Looks very good on you. For whatever reason, my Maxwell has become my main hanging out in bars jacket, so it's doing something right.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
If the OP wants another similar jacket but different enough to avoid duplication, consider a Mulligan in either black vegetable tanned goatskin or black Vicenza horsehide, also without the chest pocket. The cargo pockets on the Mulligan is a nice touch.

MRB1248

Familiar Face
Interesting suggestions Fanch. I really like the look of the Mulligan, but not sure I am BA enough for a black leather jacket, since I am kind of a hillbilly, but maybe the seal in Vicenza with an alpaca lining.

MRB1248

Familiar Face
Quick question to everyone who's had the cxl horse. Have you had any issues with the leather bleeding and if you have, how long does it last? Just wondering how long to not wear khakis with my jacket.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Quick question to everyone who's had the cxl horse. Have you had any issues with the leather bleeding and if you have, how long does it last? Just wondering how long to not wear khakis with my jacket.

I've read here about that happening with the cordovan CXL, but have never seen it with my brown CXL.

MRB1248

Familiar Face
Grayland, I have a slight, and I mean slight, ring around my waist. If I was wearing anything but super light twills, you wouldn't even notice. So I am going to wear the jacket with blue twills and jeans, but just wondering if I should scrap the light pants until summer. Of course I should. But I should do laundry more often too...

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I had some bleeding from my brown FQHH Teamster to my dress shirts around the collar but not so much lately. I think that can and does happen with any CXL.

MRB1248

Familiar Face
I would think it would, given the amount of waxes and oils in the hide. It happened with the only other "nice" jacket I had years ago, and that was a Schott. Not the same hide as used in the Aeros for sure, but it happened a little. Mostly on the door of my Jeep so who cares.

Does it happen with the Vicenza at all? I have read it's tanned differently.

It's funny but I've owned many CXL jackets and never experienced this! Even my new Cordo bootlegger hasn't wept any color and I've sweat my ass off in it. Although to be fair all my jacket liners have been black so maybe I just haven't noticed...

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Does it happen with the Vicenza at all? I have read it's tanned differently.

No bleeding with my Vicenza Sheene, nor anything else in my closet - only my one FQHH Teamster, although I never considered the color transfer much of a problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe