Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero linings

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
That is my jacket haha.

Did you like it?
I have mixed feeling on the SB Montana.
It is cut different than the Aero Barnstormer. I wish I had known that as I thought they were the same jacket but they are not. Aero Barnstormer has narrower shoulder at the same P2P, and comes with drop 4 taper in stock spec. SB Montana is cut differently, it's wider shoulder at the same P2P but straight torso no taper. So I ended up having my local alteration shop tapering it. And the alteration job was not as clean as I had hoped. I still have the coat and I am trying to see if my other alteration guy can give it a cleaner stitching finishing. It will have to be a while because he is in Japan.
Love the Horween Lux leather, thick and soft from day one.
FWIW I don't think my mix feelings about the SB Montana was SB fault but me not having the best intel when I made the decision. If you are thinking of a SB Montana you can ask for custom tapering from the factory.
IMG_6020.jpg
IMG_6028.jpg

IMG_6007.jpg

ILB Frank

One of the Regulars
That is my jacket haha.

I have mixed feeling on the SB Montana.
It is cut different than the Aero Barnstormer. I wish I had known that as I thought they were the same jacket but they are not. Aero Barnstormer has narrower shoulder at the same P2P, and comes with drop 4 taper in stock spec. SB Montana is cut differently, it's wider shoulder at the same P2P but straight torso no taper. So I ended up having my local alteration shop tapering it. And the alteration job was not as clean as I had hoped. I still have the coat and I am trying to see if my other alteration guy can give it a cleaner stitching finishing. It will have to be a while because he is in Japan.
Love the Horween Lux leather, thick and soft from day one.
FWIW I don't think my mix feelings about the SB Montana was SB fault but me not having the best intel when I made the decision. If you are thinking of a SB Montana you can ask for custom tapering from the factory.
View attachment 641207 View attachment 641208
View attachment 641206
Nothing wrong with that coat or the fit (appearance wise). Just my 2 cents. I'm no expert on fit, hang, drape, etc. but no matter what, that's a great looking coat.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Nothing wrong with that coat or the fit (appearance wise). Just my 2 cents. I'm no expert on fit, hang, drape, etc. but no matter what, that's a great looking coat.
Thank you. I might have came off wrong. Was not complaining about SB but my own perception due to poor intel I picked up elsewhere (not from SB, Deb’s always took care of my inquiries well).

Loncster

Familiar Face
Thank you. I might have came off wrong. Was not complaining about SB but my own perception due to poor intel I picked up elsewhere (not from SB, Deb’s always took care of my inquiries well).
What really happened? Why you're not satisfied with the jacket? It looks great

Also the belt could fix the entire look

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld