Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Grand Theft Sale

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I think you have to take into account that there are literally hundreds of items that will form the sale. The amount of work required to catalogue, photograph and post the stuff on line would be prohibitively time-consuming (take pity on poor Rachel!).

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I think you have to take into account that there are literally hundreds of items that will form the sale. The amount of work required to catalogue, photograph and post the stuff on line would be prohibitively time-consuming (take pity on poor Rachel!).

I think Craig has hit the nail on the head. There was nearly a warehouse full of the stuff and cataloguing, taking pics and measurements plus the accompanying tsunami of emails would have been more than a herculean task.

Shame for us not nearby but there's nothing stopping anyone with the spare readies from organising the family summer hols in Scotland. I can see it now...

- "Are you sure about Scotland dear, wouldn't Spain or the Greek islands be nicer for the summer hols, especially for the kids?"

- "Don't be ridiculous honey, Scotland is positively tropical at that time of year and they speak English - well a form of it anyway. Just one thing though, whilst you and the kids muck around in Edinburgh, I've got to scoot up to this place called Galashiels, one of my ancestors or something was from up there, and I couldn't visit Scotland without going up there."

:D

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
It was a balmy 22C today. We sat out in the pleasure gardens for the afternoon and basked. Summer has arrived!*
*And will probably be over by Friday...

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think Craig has hit the nail on the head. There was nearly a warehouse full of the stuff and cataloguing, taking pics and measurements plus the accompanying tsunami of emails would have been more than a herculean task.

Shame for us not nearby but there's nothing stopping anyone with the spare readies from organising the family summer hols in Scotland. I can see it now...

- "Are you sure about Scotland dear, wouldn't Spain or the Greek islands be nicer for the summer hols, especially for the kids?"

- "Don't be ridiculous honey, Scotland is positively tropical at that time of year and they speak English - well a form of it anyway. Just one thing though, whilst you and the kids muck around in Edinburgh, I've got to scoot up to this place called Galashiels, one of my ancestors or something was from up there, and I couldn't visit Scotland without going up there."

Very close to a conversation today: "Listen Honey, when we're in London I'll give you some time alone with your sister, and I'll just pop up to Glasgow to see the cousins." Very considerate of me, I think.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here

:D Yeah Smithy that's classic! Best laugh I've had all day.

And just for input, beautiful and sunny here today at 21 degrees, was cold this morning though, as they say on medieval/fantasy TV shows these days, "Winter is coming!" Aero halfbelt weather in about another fortnight.

wdw

One Too Many
I'm tempted to go to this, but I'd be very keen to know beforehand what sizes will be for sale. I wouldn't want to go down to find there was nothing suitable.

Equally, any further breakdown at all would be helpful, even if it was down to: short HB, long HB, car coat, military, sheepskin etc.

Benproof

A-List Customer
Wow!

Received a lovely email invite from Aeroleathers inviting me up to Scotland for the event.

I never get invited to Scotland usually. Big event lined up in Galashiels with the factory open for the sale day!

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
Planning on going.

Do slightly fear indecorous, Ikea-post-Christmas-sale scenes at the 10am kickoff – a kind of leather scrum. Or are Aero aficionados too civilised for such behaviour?

Benproof

A-List Customer
It's not the Gorbals lol

This is from the email flyer:

With musical entertainment, food & drinks provided we’re delighted to invite all of our loyal customers to join us in celebrating the end of a difficult time in the history of Aero, while bagging yourselves a bargain or two. ----------------------------------------Trains run from Edinburgh Waverley every 30 minutes, and with many budget airlines flying into Edinburgh and Glasgow don’t miss this opportunity to be at this ‘not to be missed’ sale. Items will be sold well below regular sales prices due to the volume of stock we have in storage, and to help us move on with a fresh start and new era here at Aero.

Peter Bowden

Practically Family
Planning on going.

Do slightly fear indecorous, Ikea-post-Christmas-sale scenes at the 10am kickoff – a kind of leather scrum. Or are Aero aficionados too civilised for such behaviour?
A great way to tumble your hide!Maybe items that don't sell on the day will end up on a separate 'sale' page eventually

I have a feeling eBay will be flooded with some of these as folks look to make a profit.
But if there happened to be a 30s HB or Cossack in the Crazy Horse....I'd be all over it :)

Last edited:

Cooperson

One Too Many
I'm tempted to go to this, but I'd be very keen to know beforehand what sizes will be for sale. I wouldn't want to go down to find there was nothing suitable.

Equally, any further breakdown at all would be helpful, even if it was down to: short HB, long HB, car coat, military, sheepskin etc.

Agree with this 100%, even a really basic breakdown of numbers of jackets in each size would help. If there's nothing in a 40" it would be a wasted journey for me :-(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe