Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A2 Order, mid term crisis!

Thanks HD, your jacket looks fantastic, its reassured me i'v made the right decision choosing Jerky Russet. Are those knits dark brown? Do you think the mid brown would look ok?

Cheers

Mark

Hi Mark
The knits aren't near as dark as they look in that picture...although there is a contrast with the russet hide. Must have been my old camera making them look so dark.
I think medium brown knits would look good as well.
I also have a seal HH/rust knits Aero A-2. A combo that makes no mistake that it's a repro Aero. I like that combo..which may seem a little dressier. However..my favorite Aero A-2 is the jerky russett with brown knits. It developes a more 'rustic' appearance with wear.
I bought both the russett/brown knit..and seal/rust knit simply because I liked both color combos that do represent original Aero A-2s very nicely.
Now ELC is using better hides with more charactor than in the past..and,of course, GW's contract matching hides can be simply amazing. Aero's 'Jerky' is their best as far as I am concerned whether russet or seal. Although batches of hides can differ somewhat..I think they offer a nice russett.
HD

Mark

Practically Family
Thanks again HD appreciate your indepth reply. I'm looking forward to getting the jacket now (around 8 weeks). In the mean time i'll continue to wear my Highwayman (brown FQHH) which is breaking in very nicely.

Cheers

mark

archbury918

One of the Regulars
That was the official story at the time, but didn't they admit years ago that it was official policy on the quiet? There were obvious perceived advantages in the US to propping up the nationalist government in China as against Mao's Red Army, which I am inclined to believe had a lot to do with it.
Edward, as with most international dealings with our governments, there is also an inside story. There are things that can't be done in the open with sanction from Washington, that can't be done on the Q.T.!
Roosevelt knew war was on the horizon, and like the Luftwaffe's Condor Legion, it provided pilots and crews actual combat experience before their respective countries waged their own war. I imagine their may have been an element of distrust of the Communist Chinese fighters, but at that juncture, anyone fighting the Nipponese were allies. That battle could be dealt with after the imminent threat was neutralized.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82