Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Mongrel.

Baron Kurtz said:
Is this the same company as the Borsalino company we know and love?

70064~Borsalino-Posters.jpg

bk

Also, the sticker on the inside appears to have on the left side G F (could be the G.B Borsalino Fu Lazzaro & C.)

That is the company. You found the pearl. Find the date of that ad/poster and you likely found the date of your hat. ;)

Regards,

J

What is this? It has a Mallory liner, but a G. B. Borsalino sweatband. Help me!

4.75" crown and 2.5" brim. A little dirty. Wind string still attached (i found it tucked under the 2.125" ribbon

Mongrel1.jpg
Mongrel2.jpg

Mongrel3.jpg

Mallory Liner:

Mongrel4.jpg

Borsalino sweatband:

Mongrel5.jpg

Some sort of cork around the very front of the sweatband:

Mongrel6.jpg

And here's the stickers. $10 back in the day. numbers are 12591 and 17/35. The two words appear to be aloe and Nera.

Mongrel7.jpg

bk

Other side of the mirror is the Kerry/Edwards promotional (i promise it will feature in my next hat post. It is the cheesiest thing you'll ever see).

I figured that if they're dumb enough to waste money sending their photos to someone who isn't even allowed to vote, i might as well display them.

bk

MattC

A-List Customer
I guess Mallory

And G. Borsalino is the name of the store that sold it in Italy. Grad Prix Turin 1911 is not Borsalino. They've always trumpet the prize in Paris. It looks really old. And very classy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally