Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

50 Unexplainable Photos

Chief Thundercloud's staged fright kicked in when he tried to recall the words to the rain dance during his recording session.

You are probably close to right in the sense that he is being recorded for posterity. What he remember or forgot is something else. History in this case isn't always written by the victors. Then again, he could have been relating how he engineered the massacre of Custer at Little Big Horn.

matrioshka

One of the Regulars
Lol rue and VC.... now look at this... i never knew tea sets could come so complete ....matching gun and all? lol
I'd say.... how stylish! :p
tumblr_lltsjixnBz1qcsla3o1_500.jpg

God, I read about this in the Atlantic Monthly eons ago. The artist even did a full size AK-47. I thought about having a real AR-15 duracoated in a Delft pattern...

M

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
You are probably close to right in the sense that he is being recorded for posterity. What he remember or forgot is something else. History in this case isn't always written by the victors. Then again, he could have been relating how he engineered the massacre of Custer at Little Big Horn.

That Sitting Bull, ya think? GREAT responses, boys! Enjoyed all three.

It's hard to tell if it's Sitting Bull based on the profile. I thought he might be singing, because there is no interpreter visible, and most Native Americans spoke very limited English in those days. Native Americans also had different ways of viewing time and events which is why many of the Bighorn Battle accounts conflict (not to mention the surviving 7th Cavalry commanders probably skewed events to make themselves look better).

It's hard to tell if it's Sitting Bull based on the profile. I thought he might be singing, because there is no interpreter visible, and most Native Americans spoke very limited English in those days. Native Americans also had different ways of viewing time and events which is why many of the Bighorn Battle accounts conflict (not to mention the surviving 7th Cavalry commanders probably skewed events to make themselves look better).

I've seen that picture before and I know it's not Sitting Bull. I think it was part of a Smithsonian project to record and preserve the songs of Native Americans.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
That was before tv, when kids found things to entertain them. If I tried that now, I'd be stuck in that position for the rest of my life. :D

He could well be singing as many of their creation stories and legends are delivered that way at certain times of the year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe