Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your signature cocktail.

ohairas said:
I don't drink much, but I like Amaretto Sours. Esp. since being on Weight Watchers I watch the drinks.. but just found a sugar free sweet and sour mix that is great!

My husband drinks Tuaca on the rocks.. it's good too. There are some great recipes at www.tuaca.com

Nikki

I am sure the Amaretto makes up for any sugar lost. ;) :p
I am supposed to watch the drinks as well but I figured since I gave up the soft drinks that I used to drink everyday, I can have a drink or two once in a while. The dietician nearly floored me when she calculated that most soft drinks have ten teaspoons of sugar in them. :eek: Uh, no thanks. I'll blow my sugars on a real drink thanks. :D :cheers1:

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
jamespowers said:
I am sure the Amaretto makes up for any sugar lost. ;) :p
:

Well, let's put it this way.. on WW you get so many points a day. I'd get about 20. A tall, normal Amaretto Sour is about 5 points, but with the sf sweet and sour it's only 2.
One of the worst drinks? Margarita! 11 points! I'd be drinking half my points away!!
But you're right, alchohol turns straight to sugar and I always retain water from it too.

Here's a list of WW points for beer, wine, and liquor. It shows calories too.
http://www.dwlz.com/WWinfo/liquor.html
Nikki

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
LOL! Sorry James.. but not to worry, as for some reason the male gene seems to ward off fat and water retention. Drink up! :cheers1:
Nikki

Ben

One of the Regulars
Godfather

Two cocktails that are a little different than the old standards are the Godfather and the Satin Manhattan.

Two parts scotch and one part Amaretto over ice. The Godmother is much the same except with vodka instead of scotch.

The Satin Manhattan is tasty as well. Instead of Vermoth in the Manhattan, use Vanilla Liqueur.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Lancealot said:
I just found a new favorite.

Blood Orange Martini
2 tbs of Torani Blood Orange, 3 tbs vodka, 2 tbs lime juice.

Lancealot,

Try that with fresh squeezed Blood Orange juice, a premium vodka like Stoli 'O', and fresh squeezed lime juice.

You may be surprised how much better a cocktail is with fresh squeezed juices. And...you can do this at home. :D

Or, forget the juices, chill a martini glass, shake 2 1/2 oz premium vodka until frost forms on the shaker, strain into the martini glass, place 3 jumbo bleu cheese-stuffed olives on a toothpick , drop into the vodka, sit back and enjoy. mmm....

BJBAmerica

A-List Customer
Jack Rose Cocktail:

Individual Serving

• 2 oz Applejack
‚Ä¢ ¬? oz Grenadine (Or To Taste)
• 1 oz Fresh Lemon Juice

Shake all ingredients with ice, strain into Chilled cocktail glasses, Garnish with A Lemon Twist, and serve.

Nashoba

One Too Many
Diamondback said:
EDIT: Ms. Nash, are you going for the record on horror-movie cliches today or something?;)

lol. Why my dear man, I have no idea what you mean :)
I have had very little sleep lately. That may account for some of it.

Mr.Lucky said:
Nor do I, hence the Shirley Temple. It seems that I am allergic to spirits - when I drink, I break out...in handcuffs.

lol

dostacos

Practically Family
Mr. Lucky said:
Shirley Temple. Really. I'm not kidding.
PLEASE Mr. Lucky that is a GIRLS drink:eek:

guys have a ROY ROGERS:D :D :D

ooh, that kinda sounds good right now:eusa_clap

ooh, my mistake the Roy Rogers is made with Cola instead of Ginger Ale or 7UP

whip me beat me and make me write bad checks.....

dostacos

Practically Family
Mr. Lucky said:
Nor do I, hence the Shirley Temple. It seems that I am allergic to spirits - when I drink, I break out...in handcuffs.
THAT got my wife wondering what the heck I was reading:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

as for me I rarely drink, and when I do, I know I won't be driving. So at the QM I might just have a beer.. Love Mai Tais and Margaritas BUT I can still remember the hang over and that was 15 years ago[huh]

carter

I'll Lock Up
dostacos said:
THAT got my wife wondering what the heck I was reading:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

as for me I rarely drink, and when I do, I know I won't be driving. So at the QM I might just have a beer.. Love Mai Tais and Margaritas BUT I can still remember the hang over and that was 15 years ago[huh]

You know, DT, if you'd had just the Margarita(s) or just the Mai Tai(s), that hangover may not have been so debilitating. [bad] :D

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I probably posted this before over in the signature cocktail thread but why not..

The Bentley Cocktail
- lethal

The Pimms Turbo
- gin and tonic on steroids.

The Pink Gin - forgotten classic

and The Royal Bombay Yacht Club East India Cocktail - the name's a bit of a mouthful but the taste is quite a mouthful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld