Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your alter Golden-age ego?

Viola

Call Me a Cab
I would love to be a frosty, regal, upper-crust athletic tennis-and-horseback riding Yankee like Katherine Hepburn.

But I'm probably more of a 2nd cousin to the Gabors, darlink. lol

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have to mention that my paternal grandfather was very much like John Wayne, and not by emulation. Granted, he may have been alot of other things John Wayne was not, but he was very much like him. Incidentally, he also enjoyed movies by the Duke, which made sense seeing as they were so much alike.

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
It would be a combo, would love Kate Hepburns ascerbic wit and ability to wear trousers and still look beautiful and feminine...Ava Gardners smouldering sexiness...Ginger Rogers tough exterior and soft centre in 'Kitty Foyle' and Bettie Davis' attitude.
I'm sure that what we saw on screen wasn't the off screen reality, but boy if I had a combo of the above there's nothing I couldn't tackle!
K

Pompidou

One Too Many
I almost gave up trying to answer this one. I don't think I have one. The closest I could manage, with some stretching is Rick from Casablanca. I'm going to own my own cafe/nightclub shortly, and it and I will be actively involved in social/political matters. Did I mention I've often got woman troubles - bad luck on that front, most of the time. It's as close as I can get.

shortbow

Practically Family
I would like to think I could aspire to being as neat a guy as Gary Cooper, but I'm pretty sure that's out of the question. He is though an iconic figure from the era we like, probably my favorite personality of the age. Kinda defines what American manhood should be. I like every one of his motion pictures, he chose great roles.

Mahagonny Bill

Practically Family
StetsonHomburg said:
I am most like a combination of Charlie Chaplin on and off screen, and Douglas Fairbanks.
I don't know, that combination could get you put on an offenders list in some places nowadays :rolleyes:

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
bunnyb.gal said:
Jean Arthur - mostly her real-life personality, but with quite a bit of the onscreen screwball comedy dame on top.
If only I were that gorgeous and had that great voice [huh]...
Jean Arthur's real life personality had some REAL issues. She suffered from some major emotional problems. But great, classy, wonderful actress anyway.
BTW, I saw her on Broadway in 1950, in "Peter Pan". I was 4 years old. Boris Karloff played Captain Hook.
I somehow forgot William Powell when I made my entry earlier. So I would like to AMEND what I said.
I see myself as a combination of Bill Powell and Stan Laurel. I don't know how that would work, but there you are.

Derek WC

Banned
I carry myself like

HumphreyBogartPicture.jpg

Humphrey Bogart in Key Largo,

But I look more like

21_midi.jpg

Edward G. Robinson.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member