Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You Scream for Ice Cream?

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
FedoraGent said:
That bites. Sorry about that, but the soy couldn't taste that bad with magic shell and stuff on it.

Jon
lol don't think I've ever heard of magic shell...anything with some chocolate syrup and whip cream usually tastes pretty darn good though :D

FedoraGent

One Too Many
Viola said:
I must post a vote for water ice (that's Italian ice if you, due to tragic circumstance, live outside the bounds of "wooder ice":p ) and soft-serve chocolate frozen custard.

Mmm, frozen custard.

Uh oh....now off to my Brit side... mmmmmm custard tart....

Jon

Wild Root

Gone Home
Now, how did I miss this one??????

First off let me start by saying...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! lol

There, I just screamed for ice cream!

Ice cream is my favorite! Above all it's the tops... and makes other sweets better... who wants a slice of Apple pie or a peach cobbler with out a nice scoop of vanilla? Ever hear of a birth day party not having cake AND ice cream? Not in my family anyway!

I love homemade but, it's hard to make it when I don't have an ice cream maker. But, close runner up is Breyer’s All Natural Vanilla Bean... that stuff is great! It's great for making milk shakes with too!

For flavored ice cream, I'm a Fosselman’s man! Their Mint Chip is to die for!!! The Fosselman’s have been making ice cream since 1924 or so in Alhambra CA and have a nice parlor/soda fountain there... it's good stuff!
http://www.fosselmans.com/index.html

=WR=

magneto

Practically Family
mysterygal said:
I wish I could scream for ice cream! :p Being lactose intolerant, it's just not worth eating the stuff....I'm stuck to soy ice cream...which really, just isn't the same!:(

Hi MysteryGal, have you tried the "Tofutti" (dairy-free) ice cream sandwiches? I hate soy desserts with a passion but those were good enough to fool me! Tofutti also makes soy ice cream, which curiously enough tastes like thickened Cool Whip.

(For the Frisco people in the household: I walked to Mitchell's last night and got a French Vanilla Custard waffle cone....MMMM good! :)

FedoraGent

One Too Many
magneto said:
Hi MysteryGal, have you tried the "Tofutti" (dairy-free) ice cream sandwiches? I hate soy desserts with a passion but those were good enough to fool me! Tofutti also makes soy ice cream, which curiously enough tastes like thickened Cool Whip.

(For the Frisco people in the household: I walked to Mitchell's last night and got a French Vanilla Custard waffle cone....MMMM good! :)

Just not fair...those are awesome...

FedoraGent

One Too Many
Magic Shell

mysterygal said:
lol don't think I've ever heard of magic shell...anything with some chocolate syrup and whip cream usually tastes pretty darn good though :D

Oh my gosh! You've never heard of Magic Shell? It's awesome, the idea is that you get some ice cream and the Magic Shell syrup, it comes out of the bottle and then it gets hard on contact with the ice cream to make a shell of chocolate OVER the ice cream. It's awesome.

Jon

FedoraGent

One Too Many
Wild Root said:
First off let me start by saying...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! lol

There, I just screamed for ice cream!

Ice cream is my favorite! Above all it's the tops... and makes other sweets better... who wants a slice of Apple pie or a peach cobbler with out a nice scoop of vanilla? Ever hear of a birth day party not having cake AND ice cream? Not in my family anyway!

I love homemade but, it's hard to make it when I don't have an ice cream maker. But, close runner up is Breyer’s All Natural Vanilla Bean... that stuff is great! It's great for making milk shakes with too!

For flavored ice cream, I'm a Fosselman’s man! Their Mint Chip is to die for!!! The Fosselman’s have been making ice cream since 1924 or so in Alhambra CA and have a nice parlor/soda fountain there... it's good stuff!
http://www.fosselmans.com/index.html

=WR=

Ok, ok, doggone you people now I have to go get some ice cream. Some diet help you guys are!

LizzieMaine

Bartender
FedoraGent said:
Oh my gosh! You've never heard of Magic Shell? It's awesome, the idea is that you get some ice cream and the Magic Shell syrup, it comes out of the bottle and then it gets hard on contact with the ice cream to make a shell of chocolate OVER the ice cream. It's awesome.

Around here the local soft-serve stands sell what they call a "Dip Top," which is basically soft serve vanilla on a cake cone dunked into a bath of Magic Shell. The effect is sort of like a Good Humor, only with the cone instead of a stick. In my neighborhood the thing to do was try to suck the ice cream out from under the shell without breaking it, and then eat the empty shell last. This was a skill I never mastered, but it sure was fun trying to learn...

SGB

One of the Regulars
magneto said:
Give me some good quality orange sherbet, and nobody gets hurt :)
As a Frisco kid, I must also pledge allegience to the wondrous It's It ice cream sandwich (Oatmeal cookie ice cream sandwich with a thin chocolate shell).

Stider, your lyrics had me giggling! lol

"It's It" all the way, miss them since I moved to stinkin' hot AZ.

SGB

Katydid

One of the Regulars
My favorites have to be....moose/deer tracks or whatever with the little peanut butter cups; sooooo rich and fattening but sooooooo delicious. I'm a big fan of mint chocolate chip. It's been a favorite since I was a child. Don't be grossed out but mint chocolate chip ice cream tastes really good when used in a coke float. I didn't believe it till I tried it.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Katydid said:
I'm a big fan of mint chocolate chip. It's been a favorite since I was a child. Don't be grossed out but mint chocolate chip ice cream tastes really good when used in a coke float. I didn't believe it till I tried it.

:eusa_clap Yes, I'm a big fan of Mint Chocolate chip! Ever since I was a kid, it's been a family tradition. Thrifty brand makes a good Mint Chocolate chip too!!!

Now, I will have to try a Mint Chip Coke float! Sounds kind of like a good idea... I like Chocolate coke... so, why not Mint Chip ice cream? I'm going to try that!;)

=WR=

FedoraGent

One Too Many
Wild Root said:
:eusa_clap Yes, I'm a big fan of Mint Chocolate chip! Ever since I was a kid, it's been a family tradition. Thrifty brand makes a good Mint Chocolate chip too!!!

Now, I will have to try a Mint Chip Coke float! Sounds kind of like a good idea... I like Chocolate coke... so, why not Mint Chip ice cream? I'm going to try that!;)

=WR=

When I worked in The Phelan Building in San Francisco, my coworkers and I in IT used to go downstairs on hot days to Rite Aid and get just one thing...Chocolate Malted Crunch. It was just to die for...so tonight what did I do because we still are talking about Ice Cream? I got in the ol' convertible and took myself to Rite Aid and got Chocolate Malted Crunch. :) All that ice cream talk did me in. Thanks guys.

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
I'm hoping to stop here, on my road trip to NOLA tomorrow:
http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Overview.aspx?RefID=1890

http://www.theind.com/cover3.asp?CID=-2109818917

The last Borden's Ice Cream shop left in the USA. (Neat orig. Streamline Moderne building)

bordens3.jpg

bordens1.jpg

colleency

One of the Regulars
Oh, how I love ice cream:

Thrifty's: a scoop of chocolate brownie and a scoop of butter pecan, to be licked together.

Coldstone: Founder's favorite vanilla with brownie, pecans, and caramel

31 Flavors: Gold Medal Ribbon with vanilla and chocolate and caramel

At home: pumpkin (for which I've lost the recipe), strawberry buttermilk gelato (strawberries, buttermilk, and sugar), or a sundae made with vanilla, brownie, and Hershey's special dark chocolate syrup.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
mysterygal said:
I wish I could scream for ice cream! :p Being lactose intolerant, it's just not worth eating the stuff....I'm stuck to soy ice cream...which really, just isn't the same!:(

MG you MUST pick up some mint chocolate chip Tofutti Cuties! They taste just like the real thing! I love them.

As for the real thing...Hagen Dazs mango sorbet is awesome, and I really like New York Super Fudge Chunk. Couldn't be worse for you but I love it. Also whenever I see "Dark Chocolate" ice cream I always want to try it.

catsmeow

One of the Regulars
LizzieMaine said:
Well, it's hot and humid and the air's so thick you have to push it out of the way just to walk across the room -- so what better time for ICE CREAM. Yes indeed, ice cream -- making life worth living all summer long. Hard serve, soft serve, in a cup, on a cone, or on a stick -- wouldn't you like to have some right now?

Sorry. The former adwriter in me coming to the surface.

But I do love ice cream -- so why not talk about our favorite kinds? For me, being a purist and all, there's nothing better than a really good classic all-natural high-butterfat vanilla, served rock-solid on a sugar cone. But I also confess to a fondess for Hoodsie Cups, known and loved by generations of dirty-faced New England kids for the swirl of chocolate and vanilla ice cream, and the distinctive wooden taste imparted by the little spoon that comes with the cup. I've just eaten two Hoodsies, and there's three more in my freezer that may not survive the night. Nertz to diets when it's this hot out...

How 'bout you? What's the ice cream that gets you screamin'?
I've been having cravings for a sundae-vanilla icecream, banana with choc fudge sauce with cream, finely chopped peanuts and cherries!!! :p lol
It's been too cold here in Aust to eat anything like that.

Katydid

One of the Regulars
Wild Root said:

=WR=
mwahaha I'll convert the world one at a time.:D

ortega76

Practically Family
This weekend we hit Rainbow Cone in Chicago. What's so great about a Rainbow Cone? It features five layers- "chocolate, pistachio, strawberry and Palmer House (a cherry-nut blend) ice creams, as well as a layer of orange sherbet"!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe