Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You know you are getting old when:

Tiki Tom

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have a friend who is a professor at a well known university. One day he is walking across campus and sees a very attractive undergrad. She catches his eye and comes towards him.
He is thinking “I’m so busted. She saw me checking her out. I’m gonna catch hell.”
What she says is: “Doctor so-and-so, you probably don’t recognize me, but you used to live next door to my family. when I was a little kid, you and your wife would babysit me all the time.”
ouch!

Edward

Bartender
I have a friend who is a professor at a well known university. One day he is walking across campus and sees a very attractive undergrad. She catches his eye and comes towards him.
He is thinking “I’m so busted. She saw me checking her out. I’m gonna catch hell.”
What she says is: “Doctor so-and-so, you probably don’t recognize me, but you used to live next door to my family. when I was a little kid, you and your wife would babysit me all the time.”
ouch!

There's something that truly horrifies me about the notion I could, were I so inclined, legally sleep with someone just over a third of my age.

cl206

New in Town
My eyes are going. Finding it harder to read small text and now even asks my daughters to read them to me occasionally! Also I find it harder to take my undershirts off overhead to take a shower. Not as bad as John McCain but yikes!

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
Anyone knows where to look for a classy, yet practical walking stick? I'm having a surgery on my arthritic big toe in the fall, so I have a perfect excuse! :)
Try looking at Burger canes' site. A South African shop, Burger is world class locale for custom made canes including their warthog tusk handle walking stick. Burger also offers sword canes
for those so inclined steel protection.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Anyone knows where to look for a classy, yet practical walking stick? I'm having a surgery on my arthritic big toe in the fall, so I have a perfect excuse! :)
handed cane.jpg

Did you know that you can buy left & right handed canes? My wife uses them as a pair. A good link is
https://www.stickandcaneshop.co.uk/ The Stick & Cane Shop.

Last edited:

You might try the Fashionable Canes website. I've purchased two canes from them in the past (separately); they accurately cut the canes to the length I asked for, and each arrived in perfect condition. I found their prices comparable, but it's been more than a few years since I ordered from them so that may have changed. Regardless, good luck finding the walking stick of your dreams!

KILO NOVEMBER

One Too Many
My eyes are going. Finding it harder to read small text and now even asks my daughters to read them to me occasionally! Also I find it harder to take my undershirts off overhead to take a shower. Not as bad as John McCain but yikes!
When you're old enough to know who John McCain is and why he had trouble taking his undershirt off over his head.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld