Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You know you are getting old when:

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
The arrival of the Beatles also brought about the beginning of the end for this :

153m9hw.png

There was one located practically in every corner of the city & were as common as my
own Beetle ...which is still in fine running condition !

291ytrm.jpg

Last edited:

ChiTownScion

Call Me a Cab
The arrival of the Beatles also brought about the beginning of the end for this :

153m9hw.png

Not entirely a bad thing. My current stylist is a lot more skilled than the old timey barbers when it came to cutting hair, at least as far as my own appearances. And she's a lot easier on my eyes.

I do miss the hot lather straight razor shaves, however. They were a sublime experience.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
What I remember most is that Groucho died three days later, and got hardly any coverage at all because all they could talk about was ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS. Once again, postwar culture overwhelms the culture it replaced.

31 Model A

A-List Customer
What I remember most is that Groucho died three days later, and got hardly any coverage at all because all they could talk about was ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS. Once again, postwar culture overwhelms the culture it replaced.

I remember Groucho and it saddened me greatly when this guy passed, I enjoyed watching him as a kid and I enjoy remembering him today.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...&mid=D03429C140951E7F9DFBD03429C140951E7F9DFB

As long as I can remember, I don't care how old I get. Take away my memory, I hope someone will put me out of my misery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHEIqG8d2bw

ChiTownScion

Call Me a Cab

Elvis was 42, and Groucho was 87 hen they died. I think it was a shock at the time because many perceived it as a situation of his dying young. As one aspect of this consideration, Presley's daughter was nine at the time he died. I also think that the details of his drug abuse that came out shortly after his death shocked a lot of people, since the effort was always to make him appear as the epitome of wholesomeness.

Groucho's end was pretty sad as well. From what I recall, he was pretty frail in body and mind, and he had a younger woman living with him who was trying to take unfair advantage of him, at least according to his son.

ChiTownScion

Call Me a Cab
Elvis was 42, and Groucho was 87 when they died. I think it was a shock at the time because many perceived it as a situation of his dying young. As one aspect of this consideration, Presley's daughter was nine at the time he died. I also think that the details of his drug abuse that came out shortly after his death shocked a lot of people, since the effort was always to make him appear as the epitome of wholesomeness.

Groucho's end was pretty sad as well. From what I recall, he was pretty frail in body and mind, and he had a younger woman living with him who was trying to take unfair advantage of him, at least according to his son.

Elvis was 42, and Groucho was 87 when they died. I think it was a shock at the time because many perceived it as a situation of his dying young. As one aspect of this consideration, Presley's daughter was nine at the time he died. I also think that the details of his drug abuse that came out shortly after his death shocked a lot of people, since the effort was always to make him appear as the epitome of wholesomeness.

Another way you know you are getting old----when gold diggers start latching onto you. :doh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82