Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You know you are getting old when:

you know your getting old when you tell people you have shook hands with Bob Hope or Steve McQueen and they dont even know who they are? some young people never even heard of actor Clint Eastwood before, I was talking to a Japanese tourist once about a filming location where one of Clint Eastwoods movies was filmed, and he asked if I was Clint Eastwood? lol!

I would have said yes and charged him fifty bucks for an "autograph." :D:p
"Best Wishes, Hideo,
Crint Eatwood"

Last edited:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Has anyone ever perused the gizmos & wierd things in an electrical store? I went into one at the weekend to buy a pack of light bulbs. The goods on the shelves were beyond my comprehension, and their descriptions seem to have the ability of making english a foreign language.
Or am I just getting old?

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
You know you're getting old when you go into an ice cream parlor and the kid behind the counter refers to black walnut as the old-person flavor because, "Only old people order that one."

You know you're getting old when you go into an ice cream parlor and the kid behind the counter refers to black walnut as the old-person flavor because, "Only old people order that one."

Well, they do. :p I hate that flavor. In fact, I hate nuts in anything except by themselves. No use ruining good nuts, or chocolate for that matter. :p Nuts are cheaper so they make anything they go into go long. Just give me the more expensive stuff. :p

Well, they do. :p I hate that flavor. In fact, I hate nuts in anything except by themselves. No use ruining good nuts, or chocolate for that matter. :p Nuts are cheaper so they make anything they go into go long. Just give me the more expensive stuff. :p

Yeah, I gotta second that one. Nuts in anything is horrendous. They are great by themselves. Why ruin perfectly good cookies, cakes, and Asian foods with nuts? :p

vintage68

Practically Family
You know you're getting old when Mark Hamill, currently filming the new Star Wars film, is now the same age as Alec Guinness was when he first played Obi Wan in the original Star Wars movie....and you were in the audience for the premiere!

Last edited:
You know you're getting old when Mark Hamill, currently filming the new Star Wars film, is now the same age as Alec Guinness was when he first played Obi Wan in the original Star Wars movie....and you were in the audience for the premiere!
lol ..... except back then Alec Guinness seemed about 100 and now Mark Hamill doesn't look much older than me. :)

Dan Allen

A-List Customer

Along the same lines I have recently rediscovered the sit com Barney Miller. Watching it years ago, my favorite character was the detective "Fish". The old gizzer had such a dry since of humor. The dry humor is still there however he doesn't seem such a gizzer to me now????

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Along the same lines I have recently rediscovered the sit com Barney Miller. Watching it years ago, my favorite character was the detective "Fish". The old gizzer had such a dry since of humor. The dry humor is still there however he doesn't seem such a gizzer to me now????
I love that show.
Of course to me, Fish is still old.
Just not as old. :D

Been there. Done that. :p
Me too.

But what really made me feel old recently was a discussion about horror movies on another forum in which one of the members referred to the Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday the 13th movies as "classics". :eeek: :faint2:

Only his plastic surgeon knows for sure.
Considering Hamill had to undergo a seven-hour surgery to have his nose and left cheekbone rebuilt after an automobile accident in 1977, you're not too far from wrong.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
You know you're getting old when you mention you knew any number of people who were alive in the 19th Century and the kid to whom you mentioned this looks at you like you just said you waited table at the Last Supper.

The History Channel was on at my sister's house and a US Army general (deceased) was commenting on Vietnam,
and I remarked to my nephew that I once had a conversation with the general when I was my nephew's age many moons past....:eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld