Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You know you are getting old when:

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
64181_498755333494104_292278602_n_zpsdmyiidee.jpg

F. J.

One of the Regulars
Surely you're thinking of the "Hitler parody" version, because the original "Colonel Bogey March" had no official lyrics. ;)[...]

Precisely. “Coloney Bogey” was written in 1914, those lyrics not till ’39.

[...] That being said, I'd err on the side of caution and say no, the lyrics probably aren't appropriate for The Lounge.

Of course, there are still other lyrics to the tune:

“Comet, it makes your mouth turn green,
Comet, it tastes like gasoline,
Comet, it makes you vomit,
Go buy some Comet and vomit to-day!”

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Precisely. “Coloney Bogey” was written in 1914, those lyrics not till ’39.

Of course, there are still other lyrics to the tune:

“Comet, it makes your mouth turn green,
Comet, it tastes like gasoline,
Comet, it makes you vomit,
Go buy some Comet and vomit to-day!”
Darn, you beat me to it! :D

GHT

I'll Lock Up
You know that you are getting old when you misinterpret text speak:
BFF Best Friend’s Funeral. BRB Bring Radio Back. BTW Bring The Wheelchair. GTG Good Time Granny IMO. In Monday’s Obituaries. Incontinence May Occur. LMAO Like Many Absentminded Oldies. LOL Little Old Lady. OMG Old Man Grumbling. OTW Open The Whisky. POS Proud of Senility. ROFL Retirement Opportunity, Fort Lauderdale. ROLFCGUA Roll Over Laughing on the Floor Can't Get Up Again. TTYL Try Taking Your Laxatives. WTF Where’s The Fire?
In the UK, the acronym OAP means Old Age Pensioner, I can only think of Old and Pissed, so if you can come up with something more imaginative................

You know you're getting older when you no longer get sales flyers & yearly catalogs from Bass Pro Shops & Cabelas but get junk mail for hearing aids & crematoriums instead!

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Surely you're thinking of the "Hitler parody" version, because the original "Colonel Bogey March" had no official lyrics. ;)

That being said, I'd err on the side of caution and say no, the lyrics probably aren't appropriate for The Lounge.

Around here that tune is universally remembered as the commercial jingle for Getty Oil. Be that as it may, there seems to be some historical evidence suggesting that Hitler was in fact monorchidal.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Old is an attitude of mind more than a number on a calendar. People expect you to be on a zimmer frame at 90. Shock 'em.

p51

One Too Many
I know a former Navy SEAL who's in his late 50s that shows the wear of that lifestyle in his face but also looks like he's carved from a block of wood. He can still out-PT anyone a third of his age. They should have put him in that video.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Text speak like thx for thanks seems less common, maybe it's because phones have progressed. Now phones have a one tap keyboard and word predict so there's no need to labouriously tap one. twice, three times for the letter 'C' and the same for the rest of the message. But in the early days of text I would receive such gobbledegook that I sent back my own acronym. IEM. In English McGee.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marco21