Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You know you are getting old when:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I was young once and I wasn't any good at it.
Ha, we could start a thread on that subject. When I was about 14, I went with a group of friends, on a camping, fishing, hiking weekend. That was when kids were allowed time on their own. We set out on our bicycles, got to our campsite and pitched the tents. That evening, boys being boys, and the curves of the girls were something we boasted about but hadn't yet discovered, we were heavily into, of all subjects: Lighting a fart. None of us knew that the gas was methane, nor did we know just how highly flammable it was. So, with the most gaseous of our group boasting he had one in the breech, someone produced a match. I tell you, that kid must have been brewing that fart for days, the match was lit, held closely to the firing point. The flamethrower that kid produced, not only burnt the hand of the match holder, he nearly set fire to the tent. I remember how we all laughed ourselves silly but as one kid comically punned, it could have easily backfired.
And you thought you weren't very good at being young!

Have you been sniffing Hippies again? Always stand way up wind!

That was tame next to Redwood Road we have over here.
Years ago a friend and I took his Mustang up there. Unbeknownst to us the damned wiring to the headlights was shorting out(damned Ford!). Really great for a country road with absolutely no street lights and rampant deer and wildlife crossing the road. We sweat that one out without ending up in a gully. Lights on….Lights out…..:doh:

Hippies go to Colorado for a vacation TRIP.

meanwhile-colorado-weed-cop-colorado-bong-demotivational-posters-1393246164.jpg

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Ha, we could start a thread on that subject. When I was about 14, I went with a group of friends, on a camping, fishing, hiking weekend. That was when kids were allowed time on their own. We set out on our bicycles, got to our campsite and pitched the tents. That evening, boys being boys, and the curves of the girls were something we boasted about but hadn't yet discovered, we were heavily into, of all subjects: Lighting a fart. None of us knew that the gas was methane, nor did we know just how highly flammable it was. So, with the most gaseous of our group boasting he had one in the breech, someone produced a match. I tell you, that kid must have been brewing that fart for days, the match was lit, held closely to the firing point. The flamethrower that kid produced, not only burnt the hand of the match holder, he nearly set fire to the tent. I remember how we all laughed ourselves silly but as one kid comically punned, it could have easily backfired.
And you thought you weren't very good at being young!

My brother went in big for idiotic stuff like that. He actually spent a night in jail when he was eighteen for throwing a pumpkin out the back of a truck and nearly causing the driver behind to drive off the road. Lighting gaseous emissions would have been a step up from the kind of crap he did.

I, on the other hand, went in for wholesome activities, but always seemed to have things happen to me. When I was in high school it was the custom for my small group of friends from the school paper/yearbook clubs to ride our bikes out to a secluded cove for a beachside clambake. No monkeyshines were ever part of the agenda -- none of us drank, none of us smoked anything, and none of us engaged in hanky panky. But every time we went on one of these trips, I ended up getting hurt. One year I fell off a rock and bunged up my ankle, one year, my bike threw its chain and I ended up in a drainage ditch, and one year a tree limb broke off a tree, landed on my head, split my scalp wide open, and I went home covered in blood. Ah, happy days.

I, on the other hand, went in for wholesome activities, but always seemed to have things happen to me. When I was in high school it was the custom for my small group of friends from the school paper/yearbook clubs to ride our bikes out to a secluded cove for a beachside clambake. No monkeyshines were ever part of the agenda -- none of us drank, none of us smoked anything, and none of us engaged in hanky panky. But every time we went on one of these trips, I ended up getting hurt. One year I fell off a rock and bunged up my ankle, one year, my bike threw its chain and I ended up in a drainage ditch, and one year a tree limb broke off a tree, landed on my head, split my scalp wide open, and I went home covered in blood. Ah, happy days.

Geez, after the first year, I would have stayed home. After the second year for sure. :p

...I, on the other hand, went in for wholesome activities, but always seemed to have things happen to me. When I was in high school it was the custom for my small group of friends from the school paper/yearbook clubs to ride our bikes out to a secluded cove for a beachside clambake. No monkeyshines were ever part of the agenda -- none of us drank, none of us smoked anything, and none of us engaged in hanky panky. But every time we went on one of these trips, I ended up getting hurt. One year I fell off a rock and bunged up my ankle, one year, my bike threw its chain and I ended up in a drainage ditch, and one year a tree limb broke off a tree, landed on my head, split my scalp wide open, and I went home covered in blood. Ah, happy days.
This sounds similar to my sister-in-law. She tries hard and means well, but has contracted some form of illness or injury on almost every vacation she's ever taken in her life, including her/their honeymoon. :eusa_doh:

This sounds similar to my sister-in-law. She tries hard and means well, but has contracted some form of illness or injury on almost every vacation she's ever taken in her life, including her/their honeymoon. :eusa_doh:

I think this is starting to happen to me. I got sick after I came back from Florida back in January and I just spent the weekend in Vegas and am sick again. Measles notwithstanding, I don't seem to get sick like this after going to Disneyland. :doh:

I forgot exactly what it was but I keep thinking of the time my Dad went to the doctor for a routine visit and was feeling fine. The next thing he knew he was in the emergency room because the doctor had discovered something and told my Dad that he had to go to the hospital RIGHT NOW, do not pass Go, do not collect $200. :eeek:

Last edited:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I hate doctors & hospitals but went last month for a physical. Everything is fine, but now she wants
to do test on my insides with tubes & all that. Doc said that it was up to me whether I have this done
or not, adding that it was better to find out now & do something. Putting off a check up could mean
that if I have something, later it might be to late to remedy. So I agreed. I hope I'm doing the right
thing.:p
You probably are doing the right thing, but if you need to have your prostrate checked, then I'm afraid that it's the rubber gloves, Vaseline and straight in the back door. And if your doctors are anything like the doctors here in the UK, you won't get any foreplay first, either.:eeek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82