Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You know you are getting old when:

Malls are almost a dead letter here -- the nearest ones to me are 60 miles in one direction and 75 miles in the other, and both of them are in deep decline. What's more common for us is "miracle mile" plaza deals where lots of big-block stores cluster like concrete fungus, and you have to drive around a maze of winding limited-access roads to get to the one you want. The most exercise you get is for your jaw, from yelling at cell-phone-yappers in SUVs who keep cutting you off at the intersections.

One more reason for me to stay in the city and not own a car - that sounds horrible.

Yes. :)

Now I suppose you want the explanation...

Look at your profile. You'll see that you've been awarded a certain number of "points" (These are as valuable as Tetris coins). The number of points you have is based on "trophies" you've earned. (double click on your points to see which trophies you've been awarded) Trophies are either a number of posts made or the number of times your posts have been liked.

You, sir, have 113 points, the maximum. Congratulations! You may now buy the next round.

What are "Tetris coins?" I've wondered about this since we shifted to this new format, but just never thought to ask.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Hmm, I have a feeling Marx or Engels might be pictured on these.

yes.
Although not sure which is Marx & which is Engels! :(

5y7yqa.jpg
waoxdx.jpg

Last edited:

ChiTownScion

Call Me a Cab
Onions still make me choke, retch, and vomit as badly as they did when I was two.

One year the local Shriners' temple was having its annual fundraiser, selling bags of sweet Vidalia onions. I brought home a bag. "Eat 'em like apples," we were assured.

So, like a damned fool I took a bite out of one... immediately recoiling and eyes tearing up. Dear wife chimed in and asked what I was doing, and I repeated the apple spiel. "And you BELIEVED 'em???"

Boys 1, me 0, on that day.

Another way I waste my time is playing tetris blitz,. You can win "coins" which then can be used to buy extras within the game. If you're not too bright you can spend real money for coins, but you can't sell them.

After your explanation and Googling "Tetris," I kinda get it, but why would Fedora Lounge give Tetris coins out - I don't get the connection?

I know that by being active most of my life has given me a chance to still enjoy many activities that I otherwise would not have as I got older. ;):)
My dad was a very positive example of how taking care of yourself physically would be beneficial as you grew older. He always attempted to eat healthy foods and stay in shape, and I would occasionally "catch" him doing various forms of resistance training. At the age of 73 he was diagnosed with some form of cancer which was spread throughout his abdomen, and when I took him for what would be his last doctor's appointment he was asked to show where the pain was the worst. Now, dad drank regularly, so I assumed his protruding stomach was the result of that, i.e. a "beer belly". But when he pulled up his shirt, his abdominal muscles were impressively well-defined; the cancer had caused that "beer belly" bloating. So, except for the cancer, he was physically fit until the day he died at 74.

Marx is the one with the beard.
Nawww, Marx had a greasepaint mustache.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82