Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Y'2 Leathers

Franko13

New in Town
How do you get custom jackets from DH? Is it through a retailer or were you able to get them directly from DH? Thanks.
I contacted them through their website. They were helpful in their suggestions and sizing advice based on my measurements. I even went with silver donut buttons. I think it was around $100ish to get it custom …but totally worth it. Total cost was way under middle man retailer too. Hope that helps!

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I contacted them through their website. They were helpful in their suggestions and sizing advice based on my measurements. I even went with silver donut buttons. I think it was around $100ish to get it custom …but totally worth it. Total cost was way under middle man retailer too. Hope that helps!
Thank you! I’ve been seeing some custom DH photos on Instagram and was wondering how people got them. Thanks for the info.

cbez

One Too Many
20230908_151417.jpg
20230908_151504.jpg

OG Bros/Y2 collab. Limited run from 2021. Has def raised my opinion of y2.

sougey

New in Town
Does anyone have some fit pics of the

Flag Waver Caramel​

zipped up? I love the colour but would love to see it worn on someone

dinhnguyen57

Familiar Face
I am fairly new to leather jackets. I’ve bought/worn about a dozen jackets, which includes Aero, Field, Simmons Bilt, Y2, The Flat Head, Schott, Levi’s. It’s been quite a journey. I have met a number of different folks all with different body types, different goals about leather jackets, whether it’s single vs double riders, colors, leather types, and quantity of jackets. Some folks wants only one “forever” jacket, some wants to collect a lot or a few.

Obviously these different leather jacket manufacturers are are business snd successful because there are folks buying them, there’s a demand for this jackets.

Some folks are in a budget, some wants a specific hide, some wants a specific brand, some wants a specific cut.

Personally for me, it has been invaluable experience trying buying. Owning. Wearing, feeling tgd different jackets. Nothing beats real tangible touch and wearing over watching a bunch of Yiutube videos or reading discussions on forums. They all have some truths and not all truths apply to everyone or has value to everyone. But some truths are invaluable.

The truth of buying and wearing and trying in all these different jackets are expensive though. But it would be hard to say you are truly knowledgeable about jackets if you haven’t tried many on.

On to Y2 jackets. I have a single rider horsehide and a double rider in horsehide. It is try what people say, the leather is quite stiff. I’ve only had a chance to wear them a few times but I am only guessing that it will take years for them to break in. I wonder what the feel and wear is like after they break in? I don’t know.

The quality, for me is more than enough. But I’ve never the guy who looks at stitching but more on how it fits and wear in me.

People who see me wearing the jackets always comment the Y2 has the most “classy” look…. More shiny leather, more structure, and the cut is more fitted.

I would certainly buy more Y2 jackets in the future, but new ones are too expensive for me so they will be used.

If I have to give one advice, it’s to search out the jacket that fits YOUR body type the best. Budget is always a consideration but the fit should be more important than budget. But also keep in mind leather type and quality does matter.

Hope that was helpful.

jchance

One of the Regulars
I am fairly new to leather jackets. I’ve bought/worn about a dozen jackets, which includes Aero, Field, Simmons Bilt, Y2, The Flat Head, Schott, Levi’s. It’s been quite a journey. I have met a number of different folks all with different body types, different goals about leather jackets, whether it’s single vs double riders, colors, leather types, and quantity of jackets. Some folks wants only one “forever” jacket, some wants to collect a lot or a few.

Obviously these different leather jacket manufacturers are are business snd successful because there are folks buying them, there’s a demand for this jackets.

Some folks are in a budget, some wants a specific hide, some wants a specific brand, some wants a specific cut.

Personally for me, it has been invaluable experience trying buying. Owning. Wearing, feeling tgd different jackets. Nothing beats real tangible touch and wearing over watching a bunch of Yiutube videos or reading discussions on forums. They all have some truths and not all truths apply to everyone or has value to everyone. But some truths are invaluable.

The truth of buying and wearing and trying in all these different jackets are expensive though. But it would be hard to say you are truly knowledgeable about jackets if you haven’t tried many on.

On to Y2 jackets. I have a single rider horsehide and a double rider in horsehide. It is try what people say, the leather is quite stiff. I’ve only had a chance to wear them a few times but I am only guessing that it will take years for them to break in. I wonder what the feel and wear is like after they break in? I don’t know.

The quality, for me is more than enough. But I’ve never the guy who looks at stitching but more on how it fits and wear in me.

People who see me wearing the jackets always comment the Y2 has the most “classy” look…. More shiny leather, more structure, and the cut is more fitted.

I would certainly buy more Y2 jackets in the future, but new ones are too expensive for me so they will be used.

If I have to give one advice, it’s to search out the jacket that fits YOUR body type the best. Budget is always a consideration but the fit should be more important than budget. But also keep in mind leather type and quality does matter.

Hope that was helpful.

Curious, what are your height and weight?

dinhnguyen57

Familiar Face
5'6", 155 pounds, waist 30, sleeve 34-35, suit size 38s. I have a number of jackets for sale, most I bought and found too short. But I did manage to find a number to really good fitting jackets

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
Visited Vancouver yesterday and walked out with one of these in olive size 44 (sorry, too lazy to go take pics of my actual jacket lol). My 1st time handling eco horse. It's interesting...thick and stiff-ish in a similar way to CXL. Kind of has a rubbery feel to it, and squeaks when you move lol, both of which are qualities that I'm sure will go away with wear. No issues with the leather for me....it works for me on this particular jacket and what I'll be using it for...cold and rainy pacific NW winters. If I could change one thing though it would be to have quilted lining in the sleeves instead of the wool. The color is amazing. Also sports a contrast a bronze(?) stitch. Also features a double ended zip which I appreciate. Fit on me is great, although the sleeves could be a hair shorter, but that's not the jacket's fault. They also had an aniline version there in black. The look and feel of the leather on that one was nicer imo, but I had to do olive. They didn't have the black aniline in my size anyway, and even if they had I would have gone for the green.

1728317991832.png

Also tried on a couple of the Y2 trucker jackets. These were more of a Japanese fit which can be problematic on my physique...a little too wide in the shoulders, a little too narrow in the torso, a little too short in the length, and a little too long in the sleeves. Most Japanese jackets fit me like this sadly, lol.

Last edited:

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Anyone got experience with the eco horse? I know Canuck hated it with a passion
It's very dense leather. I didn't appreciate it the first time around, but have warmed up to it after another eco horse trucker has passed through. It's best when it is skived down to 1.2mm, normal Shinki thickness. The super heavy 1.6mm just too much for me. The trucker I had was lighter weight than the first eco horse jacket I had and it works well.

Y'2 also makes the better N-1 leather jacket imo. I would trade my DH N-1 for an olive horse eco horse Y2 one in a heart beat, bigger and better zipper, smaller and more functional buttons, better pockets, better lining...etc.
IMG_0796.jpg

cbez

One Too Many
It's very dense leather. I didn't appreciate it the first time around, but have warmed up to it after another eco horse trucker has passed through. It's best when it is skived down to 1.2mm, normal Shinki thickness. The super heavy 1.6mm just too much for me. The trucker I had was lighter weight than the first eco horse jacket I had and it works well.

Y'2 also makes the better N-1 leather jacket imo. I would trade my DH N-1 for an olive horse eco horse Y2 one in a heart beat, bigger and better zipper, smaller and more functional buttons, better pockets, better lining...etc.
View attachment 645203
I had a fine creek which was pretty thick and looked superficially very similar to the eco horse (their non on shinki, aniline horsehide) but it was super plush.

Now I'm looking at the y2 02, but hard to find many reviews on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
florianflow