Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WWII Bullion Insiginia Help?

B24Pilot

New in Town
Hi! I was wondering if someone might be able to fill me in on WWII US Army Air Corps bullion insignia? I can't seem to find any information or good pictures of uniforms...When was it used (early war WWII?) and phased out with metal insignia? How was it attached to a uniform? Was it sewn on? I'm a WWII reenactor and I found a complete set of bullion insignia (pilot wings, cadet wings, 1st LT bars, US insignia, etc.) and I'd like to attach it to an Ike Jacket but I wanted more information on them before doing so! Any help or website suggestions would help!!! Thanks!

~Mike

B24Pilot

New in Town
Thanks!

Thanks for the info! Do u know of any good sites that show pictures of AAC Pilots in uniform wearing bullion insignia?

SIGGY

A-List Customer
Try this site

Hello,I have been on this site and they have some good photos of Bullion patches on uniforms,
Vintage Leather Jackets

Be careful when/if you do purchase Bullion as there are "repros" out there,the Pakistanis do some .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe