Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB: Carhartt Detroit jacket (Vintage, USA) / probably size M

andyone

A-List Customer
I am looking for a Carhartt Detroit jacket, preferably Vintage and made in USA.

After reading a bit that they run large I think a M would fit me (183cm / 90kg).

Something like the one from @Nacho would be nice...

Am also open to trade for one of my offers in the classifieds.

IMG_3834.jpeg

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
There is always a bunch of them on ebay. Some at crazy $399, but I have bought some for a more reasonable $130. They do show up. Navy are the rarest, and very expensive when mint. So I actually bought one in tan, bleached it, and dyed blue. Ain't no way I was paying $400 for one. Lol.

andyone

A-List Customer
There is always a bunch of them on ebay. Some at crazy $399, but I have bought some for a more reasonable $130. They do show up. Navy are the rarest, and very expensive when mint. So I actually bought one in tan, bleached it, and dyed blue. Ain't no way I was paying $400 for one. Lol.
Thanks - I will check eBay regularly. Some crazy prices there sometimes!

For whatever reason these have become ridiculously over priced on eBay. In reality these are worth $50 used (in good condition). You might have better luck looking at the WIP site for one. They are expensive there too but at least in new condition and the old pattern.

andyone

A-List Customer
For whatever reason these have become ridiculously over priced on eBay. In reality these are worth $50 used (in good condition). You might have better luck looking at the WIP site for one. They are expensive there too but at least in new condition and the old pattern.

[/URL]
Thanks for that information! I didn't know they are built on the old pattern. I can't find information where they are made today.

I would prefer to get one made in USA or Mexico. If it has some sign of use I don't mind at all.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for that information! I didn't know they are built on the old pattern. I can't find information where they are made today.

I would prefer to get one made in USA or Mexico. If it has some sign of use I don't mind at all.
They are built on the old pattern because the old pattern was good (and became popular after Interstellar). There is no reason for these jackets to cost $298 other than Carhartt trying to cash in on the OG jackets popularity.

DogFacePonySoldier

New in Town
i was sticker shocked on eBay from the prices. I guess with the hype from interstellar and influencers, and the cold season in effect it really musta raised the price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gold13791