Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB 42R USAAF Repro Sheepskin B-6 Jacket in "Redskin"

Guam USA

New in Town
I'm looking for a sheepskin B-6 "Redskin" repro bomber jacket, size 42R. Eastman and Aero make them, and their jackets are my primary interest and probably my only choices for manufacturers of repro "Redskins". I'm willing to consider a B-6 in seal.

No offense to smokers, but I'm mainly a non-smoker, except for a very occasional cigar, of course, when in the right company (my favorites are Tabacalera cigars from the Phillipines, "La Flor De Isabela" in various sizes, all smooth and tasty, remind me of Cubans...), so my preference is a jacket from a non-smoking home.... Please post pics and details (size 42R, pit-to pit, sleeve measurements, etc.; condition; price you are asking; and your "Buy It Now" eBay link if you have one. I will seriously consider all offers until I find the right jacket at the right price.

Please use your own original pics as I'm pretty sure the one on Aero's and Eastman's websites are copyrighted!

Thanks, all!

Last edited:

Corky

Practically Family
It's considered Fair Use to use Copyrighted images for non-commercial purposes like we do on the FL forums. Copyrights are used to stop people from using Aero's and Eastman's images for their own gain. For example, if a jacket maker put up Aero's and Eastman's B-6 images on his website and represented those images as images of his own B-6 jackets, that would be a misappropriation of copyrighted images.

Have you considered a civilian B-3 in size 44?

7080b.jpg

Please PM if interested.

Guam USA

New in Town
Corky:

Thank you for setting me straight on the non-commercial use of copyrighteed pics - I didn't know this. I put the disclaimer in just in case...!

Thank you also for posting the picture and the idea of a civilian jacket; I hadn't considered civilian versions until you mentioned it. Yours is a nice looking jacket with the reddish undertone, but I have my sights set on acquiring a military repro B-6. Although I would love to have a B-3, I'm opting for the B-6 mainly because they are not as warm as the B-3. Temps here in Richmond don't fall into the teens very much, I think I would get more use out of a B-6. This winter it has fallen below freezing almost exclusively late, late at night, with temps in the 50's during the days for the past week and a half, cooler in the evening down to the high 20s in the early morning.

Having said that, the B-6 repro on the Noble House website has the same wool as their B-3, so that one wouldn't do.... If I can't find one in the next month-or-so through this forum, I'll likely end up ordering one from either AeroLeatherUSA, or an Eastman through HPA. According to Eastman's sizing tool, I would require either a 42R or 44S based on my measurements/height/weight range from 170-180 pounds (I'm probably actually a 43S as I'm 5'8" tall, which is also an in-between measurement, I think). Probably the same or very close for Aero since I wear a 42S suit off the rack.

Thanks again for your reply to my post, I will certainly let you know if I change my mind about a civilian jacket.

Regards,

Guam USA

Last edited:
I'm looking for a sheepskin B-6 "Redskin" repro bomber jacket, size 42R. Eastman and Aero make them, and their jackets are my primary interest and probably my only choices for manufacturers of repro "Redskins". I'm willing to consider a B-6 in seal.

No offense to smokers, but I'm mainly a non-smoker, except for a very occasional cigar, of course, when in the right company (my favorites are Tabacalera cigars from the Phillipines, "La Flor De Isabela" in various sizes, all smooth and tasty, remind me of Cubans...), so my preference is a jacket from a non-smoking home.... Please post pics and details (size 42R, pit-to pit, sleeve measurements, etc.; condition; price you are asking; and your "Buy It Now" eBay link if you have one. I will seriously consider all offers until I find the right jacket at the right price.

Please use your own original pics as I'm pretty sure the one on Aero's and Eastman's websites are copyrighted!

Thanks, all!

Check out this auction on ebay.

Guam USA

New in Town

Butte:

Wow, thanks, that is one beautiful jacket, I love the color! This is precisely what I'm looking for. I put it on my Watch list as I have to confirm that the wartime size 42R equates to a modern 40R. I believe this is correct because I seem to recall reading somewhere else that wartime sizes equate to a size-or-two smaller than modern, which means that this jacket may even be a modern 38R.

Beautiful. If I bought this one it would be a great jacket to start a collection with but I would want to wear it...all the time! I still want the B-6 for actual wear but I would want it to end up looking like this jacket one day.

ICYI, For kicks and giggles, while I was in the eBay.UK site, I googled "Eastman" and came up with this Irvin repro jacket, also very nice:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eastman-R...ilitaria_LE&hash=item3f11c020fa#ht_500wt_1372

Pardon the long link, I haven't figured out how to put in a button yet....

Regards,

Guam USA

Last edited:
Butte:

Wow, thanks, that is one beautiful jacket, I love the color! This is precisely what I'm looking for. I put it on my Watch list as I have to confirm that the wartime size 42R equates to a modern 40R. I believe this is correct because I seem to recall reading somewhere else that wartime sizes equate to a size-or-two smaller than modern, which means that this jacket may even be a modern 38R.

Beautiful. If I bought this one it would be a great jacket to start a collection with but I would want to wear it...all the time! I still want the B-6 for actual wear but I would want it to end up looking like this jacket one day.

ICYI, For kicks and giggles, while I was in the eBay.UK site, I googled "Eastman" and came up with this Irvin repro jacket, also very nice:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eastman-R...ilitaria_LE&hash=item3f11c020fa#ht_500wt_1372

Pardon the long link, I haven't figured out how to put in a button yet....

Regards,

Guam USA

Great. Thought you might like it. Also, ask Andrew, but I think it can handle being worn. I would!
Let us know what you do. Ask Andrew questions. He's knowledgable and helpful.

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This original B-3 could be worn regularly, although as a collector I only wear repro jackets on a daily basis and originals far less often. Original Irvins are another matter altogether.

Guam USA

New in Town
Great. Thought you might like it. Also, ask Andrew, but I think it can handle being worn. I would!
Let us know what you do. Ask Andrew questions. He's knowledgable and helpful.

Butte:

I believe this jacket is too small for me, malheureusement, but it is still beautiful. As much as I would like to have it to start a collection, I'll have to wait until someone posts a WWII 44S (according to Eastman's sizing tool) or 44R in Redskin on eBay - but how likely to happen is that? In any case, I'm getting closer to ordering an Aero Redskin B-6, I think, but I have more time now that Aero USA told me that they are 3-6 months behind in production in Scotland.

Hopefully I'll find something through the Classifieds. I'll let you guys know what happens. Thanks again for the tip on the B-3.

Regards,

Gary

Last edited:

Guam USA

New in Town
This original B-3 could be worn regularly, although as a collector I only wear repro jackets on a daily basis and originals far less often. Original Irvins are another matter altogether.

Andrew:

Is this your jacket, by chance? Very nice, but I'm afeared it is a tad too small for me...

I should have said "I srill want the repro B-6 jacket for daily wear...." I agree, I would wear a collector's item rarely if at all, perhaps for special occasions. I haven't started truly collecting jackets yet, though I might start someday. Depends on how much I like wearing a repro! I just heard from Aero USA and it will take 4-6 months to receive a new B-6 jacket as they are backed up, so I actually have a lot of time before purchasing in time for next fall/winter. We'll see what happens.

Gary

TLS

New in Town
I am also going with Aero for my B-6. I am pretty certain that I want the Seal/Russet Trim, but I may have to look at the Redskin again. I plan on ordering in March sometime so I hopefully receive it by October. How dirty does the shearling get on the cuffs and waist from daily wear?

Guam USA

New in Town
I am also going with Aero for my B-6. I am pretty certain that I want the Seal/Russet Trim, but I may have to look at the Redskin again. I plan on ordering in March sometime so I hopefully receive it by October. How dirty does the shearling get on the cuffs and waist from daily wear?

TLS:

I think both jackets are great-looking, but I'm partial to the Redskin, and here's why: see Andrew's listing of a WWII B-3 Redskin on eBay at http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ORIGINAL-...E&hash=item3f11fb3330&clk_rvr_id=304506494345.

Good question on the cuffs. FWIW, it seems to me the amount of dirt the shearling cuffs collect will depend on the amount of dirt that your wrists would be exposed to on a daily basis, or whenever you wear the jacket. E.g., if you're a mechanic and you wear the jacket while you're working on cars, the cuffs (and the rest of the jacket, probably!) will likely get quite dirty. But if you wear the jacket to and from your office job, or out shopping in a mall, or out to dinner, dirt exposure will probably be quite minimal. I guess the thing to think about is what you are doing when you are wearing the jacket and how much exposure to dirt your hands, and the cuffs, will experience while you are wearing it.

Regards,

Gary

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ORIGINAL-...E&hash=item3f11fb3330&clk_rvr_id=304506494345

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe