Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wow quick jacket production by Aero!

JLStorm

Practically Family
I placed an order on 10/25 for a highly customized B3 and I got an email notice today stating that it had shipped. I was expecting a month or more for production. I cant wait to see what they came up with...I sure hope it fits right (it better with all the measurements I gave them).

blethook

One of the Regulars
I can believe you...I think Aero can be really fast if they have to (or if they want to). I got my replacement jacket in two weeks.

I heard in the past you could come in to their factory in the morning, have your measurements taken, then go home with your jacket in the afternoon...

JLStorm

Practically Family
It took us 8 weeks to iron out the details and they told me that it would take 4 -5 weeks but then they told me last week that they were charging my card as they were going to making my jacket this week. I was pretty shocked to get the email. I wasnt sure if they were slow or perhaps Will was bored and wanted to work on something different or maybe I was just such a pain in the ass that they wanted to get the jacket done.

Peacoat

Bartender
My first thought was that with the mess the economy is in, very few people are buying expensive jackets. I have had a very nice motorcycle for sale at a low price for 4 weeks, with only one phone call about it. May be the same with the high end jackets.

johnnyjohnny

Practically Family
a correct sToRM

storm seems correct, orders are running through quicker...stormclouds over the world economy are, as peacoat says, likely the reason for whatever orders there are running through so quickly...

except for jacket-o-philes, i'd guess orders have pLummeted...i see a lot of fedloungers talking about taking advantage of the exchange rate...but i think that is mainly a few guys who have the bux, or were going to get a jacket anyway...i pulled the trigger on a lewis leathers instead of an aero because the exchange rate made it possible, but this is my biG jacket purchase of the decade, and i was happy to take advantage of the rate

but as peacoat says, my guess is that overall orders are dOwn as expensive leather jackets are a discretionary item for most of the rational world (of which i am not a part)

JLStorm

Practically Family
just tracked the package, shipped on 11/14 and arrived in New York tonight. I wonder if it might actually get delivered this week? That would be exciting :) I guess it depends on how long customs takes.

auxair

New in Town
Still eagerly waiting for my Anniversary A-2 and pre-war Irvin ordered through Mark in the first week of October. According to Mark (most helpful all along) things are a bit behind schedule in Scotland...so, I don't know...any idea?

auxair

New in Town
The Hong Kong Customs & Excise is usually very efficient. Having read this thread I actually wrote to Mark a few days ago to check on the progress as it's now about 7 (A-2) and 8 (Irvin) weeks since I placed my order. Mark suggested me to be patient as things got a bit hold up in Scotland.

So, here I am, eagerly awaiting the good news from Mark.

JLStorm

Practically Family
auxair said:
The Hong Kong Customs & Excise is usually very efficient. Having read this thread I actually wrote to Mark a few days ago to check on the progress as it's now about 7 (A-2) and 8 (Irvin) weeks since I placed my order. Mark suggested me to be patient as things got a bit hold up in Scotland.

So, here I am, eagerly awaiting the good news from Mark.

Any chance that they are awaiting materials? I specifically waited until they got the seal brown sheepskin back in stock before I ordered, which may explain some of the speed in production.

auxair

New in Town
It's seal brown horsehide for my A-2. Thanks for the advice anyway, I'll see if I have any news from Mark over the coming week or so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe