Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Would you buy this??? (need replied FAST please less then 21 hrs to go)

Mr_D.

A-List Customer
Ok, in keeping with the "no active e-bay auctions" rule I am not going to post the link to the auction, so here are the facts.

I went to a suit shop to get measured and I am a large in a jacket.

So here are the details on this trench coat for sale.

UP FOR AUCTION IS A TRENCH COAT THAT WAS GIVEN TO ME BY A FRIEND. HE HAD ALREADY REMOVED THE LINER AND GIVEN IT TO GOODWILL. SO WHAT WE HAVE IS A VINTAGE COAT THAT NEEDS TO BE CLEANED. I DON'T KNOW THE MANUFACTURER BUT HE ONLY BUYS QUALITY CLOTHING. I BELIEVE THE SIZE IS ABOUT A 44/46 REGULAR. IT IS GREAT LOOKING AND IN GREAT SHAPE. HE HAD ONLY WORN IT A FEW TIMES. SHIPPING AND HANDLING IS $13.95 TO THE LOWER 48.

the seller has a photo of the label but it does not say what material it's made of.

I am wanting a good rain resistant coat. it says the liner was removed (not sure what that means) I want the coat for north Georgia winter (not much snow, but does get frosty.)

bid now is $5 + $14 shipping.

would you buy it?

bid ends in less the 21 hrs so need replied fast please

J.J. Gittes

A-List Customer
Is there a picture of it? If there is a picture and you like it, why not. Its a $20 loss or gain. Why not find out.

Atterbury Dodd

One Too Many
Ha! Ha! I found it by secret methods. It's awfully low priced and made in USA. Looks fine. If it was my size and I liked it I would buy it (It's not my size).

JLStorm

Practically Family
Just make sure the sizing is accurate to todays sizes. From my limited experience, older clothing tends to run 1 - 2 sizes smaller than its modern day equivalent depending on how old it is.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
It looks OK but I wouldn't buy it just because it's cheap.
There are always trench coats on eBay.

You were measured at a suit shop and they told you that you were a "large"?
That's not very specific information, especially when "blind shopping" on eBay.
Do you know your actual size in inches?

I wouldn't rush into it- keep looking and have some more useful size information,
so that you can actually use the eBay description to see if it will fit. Ask questions. But maybe you already know what size you actually are.

Remember- this is outerwear- if the size given by the seller is the stated size of the coat, that's one thing, actual measurements of the coat are another.
I needs to fit over whatever you're wearing.

B
T

Edward

Bartender
Yes, I would stress the importance of knowing whether the seller gives the actual measurements of the coat or a labelled size..... all too often on eBay I see coats selling as "chest 44"" when thed seller actually means that the armpit to armpit measurement is 44", so someone who wants to wear it over a suit won't find itg fits comfortably if they're much over a 38" chest....

Mr_D.

A-List Customer
J.J. Gittes said:
Is there a picture of it? If there is a picture and you like it, why not. Its a $20 loss or gain. Why not find out.

Money is tight and times are hard. $20 is the same as $200 right now LOL

We are looking at E-Bay because all the new coats we have seen are $125+ and as I said above....

The guy at the suit shop said I was a large and that the coat was a 44/??

Thanks for the replies :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe