Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Worst Hat Bashes

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
Another classic.
archie_bunker_1.jpg

KILO NOVEMBER

One Too Many
Other examples of "crown cut" fedoras

Here are two more:
150px-Jugheadjns.png

HuntzHall.jpg

I couldn't find the cut crown for Huntz Hall, but I know I saw some Bowery Boys movies where he was wearing them.

My guess is that this style emerged in the 1940's.

KILO NOVEMBER said:
Here are two more:
150px-Jugheadjns.png

HuntzHall.jpg

I couldn't find the cut crown for Huntz Hall, but I know I saw some Bowery Boys movies where he was wearing them.

My guess is that this style emerged in the 1940's.

Probably earlier than that. When dad's old hat wore out pretty bad, a lot of them were passed down to junior to have his way with. They were around for a while. I would say it emerged around the 1930s for sure as we can see examples in many Little Rascals episodes as well. Rumor has it that Buckwheat's derby was a castoff from Stan Laurel. :D

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Master artist Joseph Beuys, who claimed that after his fighter plane was shot down he was rescued by a tribe that wrapped his body in felt in order to heal his wounds. He wore a hat all the time and fashined the asymmetrical side dents.[huh]
beuys_maggs.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
To me, the guy on the left is just a little sideways, in the same way people have been doing it with baseball caps. The guy in the bibs has a great style for the Classic Workwear thread. I think mysteriousmose has a photo wherein he's improved upon the look. (edit: Here's Mose. It's not the same, but it's pretty fantastic.

2898494255_350781c321.jpg

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
Lefty said:
To me, the guy on the left is just a little sideways, in the same way people have been doing it with baseball caps. The guy in the bibs has a great style for the Classic Workwear thread. I think mysteriousmose has a photo wherein he's improved upon the look. (edit: Here's Mose. It's not the same, but it's pretty fantastic.

2898494255_350781c321.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I really like his style! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld