Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Woman wearing Hats

T Rick

Practically Family
Might as well ad in my own 2 cents (seems everyone is, though I'm not even sure who changed the title- and I generally won't comment on Moderator actions if that is what it was).

"Women in Mens Fedoras" would limit it to ADULT females. Stick with "Females in Mens Fedoras" as it alows the little ones in :) As to how the pics are perceived, thats entirely up to the person viewing, though I would hope comments would be kept on a civil/appropriate basis. JMHO :)

Your second point is spot on, and I doubt many here would argue against it.

The first point, while I see the logic, I just don't see the need.The little ones were already allowed in, regardless of the title. That wonderfully cute shot of your Granddaughter in your hat that is now your avatar proves that point just fine. Shot stole the thread IMO, and was just fine in a thread that was at the time titled "Women in Fedoras" (IIRC the title). Using "Females" for the title just sounds clunky, has no rhythm. But if an accommodation is a must, how about "Women and future Women in Fedoras"?

I think the thread was fine (and a lot more fun!) with the original title. But for us all to waste our time debating this issue in the thread is IMO ridiculous, and shows we are wasting our time (yes, myself now included). 'Nuff said.

Justin B

One Too Many
How about a knockout in a Knox?

5861851771_4747fbbb27_z.jpg

Had a heck of a time getting my hat back from Allison...

Wolfwood

A-List Customer
Really? It was the hat you were groping for?

Darn, someone switched the thread title back just as I was digging up this old photo of my 1-month-old daughter wearing one of my Forgotten Fedoras (tm)...

Justin B

One Too Many
I'm going to load up the Colony Park and head down to Texas? Take me to your haunts with you, please?!

Any time Tom. Get here the right weekend and you'll get to hang out by my pool with a few of the girls.

This is not doing an aging man's blood pressure any favors, guys! :eek: :eek:

Sorry, I'll quit then...

Really? It was the hat you were groping for?

My momma taught me to keep my hands to myself. And if that hadn't taken, Allison has a decent left hook.

Justin,
I am leaving Iraq on 30 June and will be in Houston on 1 July. I think I need a nice place to relax. Looks like you found a nice place to make that happen.

Like I've told everyone else, always happy to take a lounger out to my favorite places.

GamaH

A-List Customer
Like I've told everyone else, always happy to take a lounger out to my favorite places.

Where is that place located (or at least, what's it called), or is it a secret?

Initially I thought it was Chili's, but that isn't what the servers at Chili's wear. :p

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
How about a knockout in a Knox?

5861851771_4747fbbb27_z.jpg

I've learned to not look at the thread when the wife is sitting next to me. My wife would never buy the line, "I just wanted to see that hat." Reality is more like, "She's wearing a hat? How could I miss that?"

Brad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe