Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wide Format Scanners - your opinions please?

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I hope later this year to be able to purchase a wide or large scanner, in order to scan in my fashion magazines. Ideally, I want a scanner that will allow me to scan a document that is 18" x 12" or slightly larger.

I have attempted to research the data to get an idea of cost and quality, but am coming up short. Do you have any idea of articles, tests or thoughts of what to look for?

I am not a professional who can afford thousands of dollars for a large format scanner, so I'm looking for something low-end.

Thanks in Advance!

Vintage Betty

Twitch

A thought- if you are seeking document scanning and find the proper size get the lowest priced one since ultra detailed color clarity reproduction is not the primary thing. Most scanners and their cost is concerned with color image reproduction.

Decodence

A-List Customer
Vintage Betty said:
I hope later this year to be able to purchase a wide or large scanner, in order to scan in my fashion magazines. Ideally, I want a scanner that will allow me to scan a document that is 18" x 12" or slightly larger.

I have attempted to research the data to get an idea of cost and quality, but am coming up short. Do you have any idea of articles, tests or thoughts of what to look for?

I am not a professional who can afford thousands of dollars for a large format scanner, so I'm looking for something low-end.

Thanks in Advance!

Vintage Betty
12x17s will be about all you are going to find (unless you move up to a draw-through scanner), and you are going to spend a minimum of $1k on one. Depending on the copyright of what you are scanning, it may be significantly less expensive to have a kinkos type place perform the scans for you.

Vintage Betty

Doh!

One Too Many
You're most welcome! I'm quite happy with mine; it sure beats having to "sew" together pieces of art in Photoshop.

Vintage Betty

Doh! said:
You're most welcome! I'm quite happy with mine; it sure beats having to "sew" together pieces of art in Photoshop.

Yeah, that never worked for me. Despite taking classes, I never quite understood all the bells and whistles of photoshop. [huh] I think it was because I never used it on a regular basis. I've tried other software, but the "stich" command never came out at all.

Vintage Betty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld