Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who is your muse?

Nigel Fisher

New in Town
Honestly, nothing. I feel music, creativity, etc. in much the same way as I feel mathematics. A wash of knowledge that tells me what I'm going to do next. I honestly have no inspiration, other than the fact that I enjoy it.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
My students.
Teaching advertising and communication at the university, my students inspire me to think faster, sharper and more creatively than they do.
All the time - every day.:D

$ally

One Too Many
pennycarrol said:
It sounds a bit dumb, but my muse is my mother.... She's beautiful and intelligent.... I admire her a lot...
That doesn't sound dumb at all, it's endearing.
I was afraid mine sounded a bit more prurient than I intended.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
sweetfrancaise said:
Anyone who says "No, that can't be done."

Yeah, I like proving people wrong too.

My muse are people who told me I wasnt talented enough to be an artist.
Man where would I be if I had listened to them...

LD

$ally

One Too Many
A few of you have stated that proving what you're made of was your incentive. Margaret Mitchell never would have published "Gone with the Wind" if her friends hadn't told her she didn't take her life seriously enough to be a successful novelist. Now it's the best-selling book worldwide, aside from the bible. I know her great-nephew... I'll get into that more later.

Back in jr/sr high school and college I had my own teen angst for fuel. Now that I'm less self-indulgent I get my inspiration from outside sources. I get ideas when I'm mountain hiking with my family, exploring abandoned buildings, and by the mysterious actions of others when I'm people watching. I'm not especially motivated to write by anger or rebellion. It's when I observe and wonder about things that I create little stories in my mind.

The cool deal with this relationship is that I am also his Euterpe. It just happens. I spark his imagination naturally and effortlessly, and he mine, when we play off each other. It almost makes me feel like I'm talented or something.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
For my art work, painting and sculpture, it is my good friend, Diana. She has even paid for some of my art lessons, so is not only a muse, but a patrona of the arts.

I've had several writing muses, but none lately, so haven't written lately. If I find someone, I can write volumes.

karol

PolkaDotMeggie

A-List Customer
lol lol If I remember correctly, Pink was the smelly Chippie at the last lunch.

It is hard for me to be inspired some days. I really love painting, but I am no good at creating something in my mind, then producing it on canvas. So I am stuck painting still life or from photos. Ho hum :eusa_doh:

pgoat

One Too Many
pennycarrol said:
It sounds a bit dumb, but my muse is my mother.... She's beautiful and intelligent.... I admire her a lot...
:eek:
not dumb at all....many successful people have been self-sufficient go-getters, but many have also credited their parents with everything. My folks did their best but I wish I had a better relationship with them. You should treasure that in your life!

pgoat

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
Yeah, I like proving people wrong too.

My muse are people who told me I wasnt talented enough to be an artist.
Man where would I be if I had listened to them...

LD

well said. I listened to nay sayers way too much, and wasted lots of opportunities. Kids - don't let this happen to you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe