Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who Did You Just See Live?

The one from the North

One of the Regulars
Jason Ringenberg. A pleasant father and son evening with good music.

Attachments

• 20231001_210237~2.jpg
    20231001_210237~2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 80

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Mandolin maniac Sierra Hull and her quartet, at the Ridgefield Playhouse in CT last week. My first time seeing her, and wow, they blew the roof off the place!

She's a tremendous talent in a tiny package, an inspired instrumentalist and fine vocalist, and her band is great. They played awesome traditional bluegrass, progressive bluegrass, spacy jams, some of her own (pretty good) songs, and outstanding cover tunes.

YouTube links for some of those cover songs - not the performances I saw last week, but with the same four-piece backup group she tours with, so they're pretty comparable:

Sierra Hull tours extensively, and if you dig bluegrass, she's absolutely worth seeing if she comes around your neck of the woods...

^^^^^ I love Sierra Hull!

Saw The Rolling Stones on 7/21 at Thunder Ridge Nature Arena near Branson, Missouri.

This was the last stop on the North American leg of their “Hackney Diamonds Tour”. This is a much smaller venue than the other stops and was added due to the relationship between Johnny Morris (my employer) and Chuck Leavell (the Stone’s keyboard player).

IMG_4740.jpeg

The band was as iconic as ever and the opening act (Samantha Fish) was great!

IMG_4725.jpeg

IMG_4736.jpeg

IMG_4728.jpeg

IMG_4716.jpeg

^^^^^ I love Sierra Hull!

Saw The Rolling Stones on 7/21 at Thunder Ridge Nature Arena near Branson, Missouri.

This was the last stop on the North American leg of their “Hackney Diamonds Tour”. This is a much smaller venue than the other stops and was added due to the relationship between Johnny Morris (my employer) and Chuck Leavell (the Stone’s keyboard player).

View attachment 631758

The band was as iconic as ever and the opening act (Samantha Fish) was great!

View attachment 631761

View attachment 631757

View attachment 631756

View attachment 631755

Samantha Fish is great. Saw her on a Blues Cruise in the Caribbean in 2011.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld