Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

White's Semi-dress Boots..

halberdklown

New in Town
is there any chance anyone can provide fit pictures of their white's semi dress? preferably the ones with the standard cuban heel. I am really interested in getting a pair but I never really seem to see many while worn

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Just got mine today...the best boots ever! Ordered from Whites directly...

DSC_5325.jpg

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Very classy! Now you need a pair to make each of your Art hats ;)

Ha, you know that did cross my mind, but somehow I don't think its going to pass by wifey! Dam nice thought though. And these are the finest boots I`ve seen for the price. Really hand made master pieces...

univibe88

One Too Many
is there any chance anyone can provide fit pictures of their white's semi dress? preferably the ones with the standard cuban heel. I am really interested in getting a pair but I never really seem to see many while worn

Here are a few my wife took while lounging around at Grandma's house on Easter Sunday. Please let me know if there are any other angles you'd like.

DSC_1120.jpg

DSC_1111.jpg

DSC_1113.jpg

Chinaski

One Too Many
Those are looking great, univibe! I wasn't sold on the double row of stitching when you first posted pics, but I really like it. They're breaking in nicely as well.

halberdklown

New in Town
univibe88 those look amazing! great shots as well, exactly what I was hoping for! thanks a lot, looks like my order will be going in within the next week!

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Lovely shoes Univibe! One question if I may - how much room do you have in from of your toe. The pamphlet I got with the boots says 5/8 to 3/4 of an inch should be the norm, as the boots may get smaller as time passes. I guess they want to keep more space than less, and maybe the boots curl up? Thanks

univibe88

One Too Many
Lovely shoes Univibe! One question if I may - how much room do you have in from of your toe. The pamphlet I got with the boots says 5/8 to 3/4 of an inch should be the norm, as the boots may get smaller as time passes. I guess they want to keep more space than less, and maybe the boots curl up? Thanks

daizawaguy, the time of your question is uncanny! I was just thinking about this yesterday afternoon myself. I have a good amount of toe room in mine and I was wondering if I should have gotten a half size smaller. It's hard for me to say exactly how much room, but probably the wide of my thumb, or a bit more.

I will say that from my research on shoe fitting, moreso than toe room that it's more important where the ball of your foot falls. You want to make sure it falls across the widest part of the shoe. You don't want the inside of the ball crowding back into the narrowing of the arch, or falling too far forward.

Thanks to your question I now feel better about the toe room in my boots.

What is this pamphlet you speak of? I don't recall getting a pamphlet with mine.

Those are looking great, univibe! I wasn't sold on the double row of stitching when you first posted pics, but I really like it. They're breaking in nicely as well.

I wasn't either. But I have gotten used to them. I will say to anybody considering these boots to understand that the double row is much more casual. If you are going for a dressier boot, get the close cut.

The water buffalo is taking on wrinkles and character very quickly. Anyone considering the leather should know this. It won't stay smooth like a heavy cow hide. Buffalo itself is thinner, that's why White's requires a boot made with it to be lined.

univibe88 those look amazing! great shots as well, exactly what I was hoping for! thanks a lot, looks like my order will be going in within the next week!

Details, details!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe