Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where is the Spring????

Kimberly

Practically Family
LizzieMaine said:
Well, we were *supposed* to get six to eight inches overnight -- but it looks like we got at least *two feet*. And I can't get my doors open!!

Lizzie, I saw on New England Cable News that you were all about to get hit hard by the snow. I hope it melts soon! We only got about 1/2 and inch and it's already starting to melt.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
LizzieMaine said:
Well, we were *supposed* to get six to eight inches overnight -- but it looks like we got at least *two feet*. And I can't get my doors open!!

Oh NO! That's really unfair!

We had a dusting, which was shock enough!

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Took me an hour to get shoveled out -- which isn't easy when you ran over your snow shovel and the handle is now held together with carpet tacks and duct tape. But it's STILL COMING DOWN!!!

What ever happened to the days of neighborhood kids offering to shovel you out for five bucks?

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Wow, all that snow in Maine. Guess I'll quit complaining about chilly Iowa, all we got was a few falling flakes and a nasty, icy wind.

It is pretty and sunny out today, but still cold, supposed to stay cold until early next week.

Which New England state is it where folks say, "Welcome to ______. Up here, we have two seasons: July and winter."

karol

Sunny

One Too Many
K.D. Lightner said:
Which New England state is it where folks say, "Welcome to ______. Up here, we have two seasons: July and winter."

karol

I don't know about that, but we've got something like: "Welcome to Texas! Down here, we have all four seasons: Spring, summer, more summer, and very late in the fall." lol

lindylady

A-List Customer
It was 80+ degrees in DC on Monday, sunny and gorgeous on Tuesday, and then it went downhill from there. Yesterday was cold and damp. Today it's cold and windy (45 mph) with a windchill of 27! I saw snowflakes on the way to school. Sorry to give you guys a weather report. It's just that we have to go through a winterlike week :(

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Springtime in Copenhagen

For the last week it has been spring here. The sun is shining, leaves are comming back on the trees, and today I have been sitting outside reading (Blue man falling) and gettin' the first tan:)
Happy easter to you all.

The Lonely Navigator

Practically Family
It got down into the 30's here for a 'high'. I was a bit concerned about the flowers. The last bit of cold that came through 'bit' the tips of the leaves on the daffodils, lilies, and some of the other plants coming up.

I wouldn't have been to happy to see the daffodil blossoms and the hyacinth shrivel up just a few days after they bloomed. :mad:

It also put a halt to my bit of gardening I was doing.

Prien

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
We've flip-flopped between winter, spring, and summer about 30 or 40 times already this year here in NC, and the birds & blooming plants are confused as hell :p

Already had a string of days near 90 degrees about a week ago... but now it's back to sub-freezing again...

Was really nice almost-Spring when they let us out of work early Good Friday, went biking.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
My good friend, Dixie, who has a small farm outside Huxley, Iowa, reported that her fruit trees blossomed with the high temperatures we had a couple of weeks ago and, now, with temperatures in the teens and twenties for 4 days straight, the buds have been killed. She will not have any fruit to make jam this year.

Early blooming tulips and lilly plants have bit the dust, too. The cold killed some pretty violets that were gracing our back yard garden. I brought in a couple of plants I had out on the porch, so they are fine.

I don't recall temperatures this low in April when I lived here as a child and young adult, at least not icy cold weather for several days running.

karol

Kimberly

Practically Family
I am at my mothers house celebrating Easter and we actually have a fire burning in the fireplace. What makes this even more bizarre is that it was too warm to have a fire during Christmas when we usually have one. :eek:

My sisters boyfriend just called his family in Texas and they told him it was snowing there!!

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
Los Angeles this week (and every other week): Morning overcast becomes hot sunny clear blue sky in the afternoon....every single day. I miss rain.

The Lonely Navigator

Practically Family
Woke up and saw a bit of snow on the ground...I think some of the flowers are going...:(

Yesterday, I had to put on the 'woolies' again...which surprised me because I tend to tolerate the cold pretty well - but apparently those 60 deg. days put a dent in me a bit. :rolleyes:

I would like to go out and start gardening again though...

Oh well...it won't last forever. :)

Prien

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
My husband is sick of me constantly saying this, but I'm going to unleash it here...

...on April 5th, 1995 I was with my old boyfriend Bob on the Wildwood Boardwalk in a Sex Pistols T-shirt!!!!

It's now 12 years later and there was a tiny bit of a SNOWFALL yesterday morning when I took my dog out for a walk! And it's bitterly windy. I like cold, but I only really like it during it's appropriate months (Nov-Feb!)

lindylady

A-List Customer
I'm sitting here in a thick sweater and pants. I was so looking forward to spending Easter in a black and white sundress with cute little bolero. I suppose I could still do so if I turned up the thermostat lol

*sigh* Spring will return one day, everyone. It will...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe