Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"when you're hot, you're hot" !!

Frankie Lamb

One of the Regulars
I picked up another fedora today at an antique mall for $25.00, including the original hatbox. It's a Dobbs, Leisure Flex, model fifteen. It has a Cavanaugh edge on a 2 1/2" brim with a 2" hat band. It was inside the box and appeared to have never been worn as it was "unbashed" with no mark of ever having been shaped, or "bashed". It's a light brown felt like material that's different from any fedora I've ever seen. It has no button trolly. The sweatband is mint and in the rear, it has a sort of "accordian" pattern which I suppose is what the Leisure Flex thing is all about. All in all, It looks and fits great and even if it's not a high dollar hat it was too good to pass up for $25.00. Just a little side-note; As I was checking out at the counter a women was paying for just a hat box she'd found that was marked "Disney". She paid $80.00 for it !
I think I had another "Lucky Day."
Any and all information on this hat would, as always, be much appreciated.
Best Regards,
Dale

Frankie Lamb

One of the Regulars
Good news, bad news

I'd love to post pictures but I seem to be the last guy on the planet that can fathom the secrets of posting pictures from Photobucket to the F.L..
There are one or two things I'm good at; posting pictures is apparently not one of them. Sorry.
Frankie Lamb

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Copy the url, and then when posting hit the icon with the mountain on it (be sure you can use pop-ups) and post the url in the little window. That's it. Check out the FAQ for more detailed instructions.

We need to see pics!

MattJH

One Too Many
Frankie Lamb said:
I'd love to post pictures but I seem to be the last guy on the planet that can fathom the secrets of posting pictures from Photobucket to the F.L..
There are one or two things I'm good at; posting pictures is apparently not one of them. Sorry.
Frankie Lamb

The suggestion from kaosharper1 is good. The other way to do it (and the way I usually do it) is to type:

[ IMG ] URL [ / IMG ]

Take out all spaces above (I had to put them in so that you could see the actual code rather than this messageboard interpreting it as an actual image link), and of course, paste the HTTP link to the image where it says URL.

PabloElFlamenco

Practically Family
Don't worry, Dale. It took me a while to fathom the procedures; they're agreeably a bit steep, but once you get the hang of it, it's actually not difficult.
My home page is G:eek: :eek:gle, and I put the Fedora Lounge hats page on one tab, and the Photobucket one on another tab. When I download pictures to Photobucket, it's easy to "copy" the IMG link (by doubleclicking on it, it highlights) to any Fedora Lounge (paste) text entry box, and that's it.
Give it a shot, when you have some spare time. With practice, it becomes a near automatic thing...
Paul

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe