Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's the Funniest Things to happen to you in vintage?

Miss Molly

New in Town
Good work!

Mike in Seattle- that's amazing! The kind of comment you always dream up after the event and wish you'd thought of it then... how amusing!

StaceFace said:
For some reason, I want to categorize "lime green boat shoes" in with Ugg boots.

StaceFace- I totally agree with you! Ugg boots are the bane of my life... my best friend lives in them. I can't stand it! Still, each to their own and all that jazz... :)

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
As you say, I usually think of something like that after the fact. That day and on other rare ocassions, my brain just clicked into gear and out it flowed. As friends have said, I'm usually so quiet and well-mannered, but then every once in awhile, this whole monologue comes rolling out of my mouth that shocks the heck out of everyone and has jaws hitting the ground, followed by uproarious laughter by those who "get it" and dumb stares from those that it'll dawn on later, if at all.

tylerevansokay

One of the Regulars
Once at night while in a gas station getting a drink, my fiance and I were dressed head to toe in vintage garb. Me in a nice 1950's suit, her with a nice pencil skirt, jacket, broach and snood.
Two guys took their swings at us...
"Did you guys just travel through time or something?!"
I did my usual frustrated sigh and ignored them, my fiance replied "No, we always dress this way."
And then the other... "HEY did you guys just get back from prom or something?"
Same response from the both of us... still baffles me.
We were also told once that we looked like we came from the 1970s... while I wore a linen Van Heusen shirt from the early 50s and she wore a nice dress... hm. I hate the 70s. That might as well have been a slap in the face.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe