Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's going on with the FL site?

Do you will still use this Forum with this hassle?

• Yes

Votes: 34 54.0%
  • No

Votes: 29 46.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Ok, so there still ARE issues with the site. However, for some of us, all is fine. Not their fault, so I don´t quite get the agressiveness towards them.

I believe, an analytical appraoch would be to get together data to narrow down the problem. I am sure, there are IT-savvy people who can help. My idea goes along the lines of:

- Problem Y/N
- If Y, please specify (slow loading, freezing, whatever)

Don´t know if that helps, but the discussion seems to be stalling for a while now.

Ok, so there still ARE issues with the site. However, for some of us, all is fine. Not their fault, so I don´t quite get the agressiveness towards them.

I believe, an analytical appraoch would be to get together data to narrow down the problem. I am sure, there are IT-savvy people who can help. My idea goes along the lines of:

- Problem Y/N
- If Y, please specify (slow loading, freezing, whatever)

Don´t know if that helps, but the discussion seems to be stalling for a while now.
Clearly there are massive problems with the site. Insisting there aren’t doesn’t help and be it misunderstood tone or what have you, it comes across wrong. And that’s the blowback. This isn’t hard to understand.

I posted a video above showing my experience, I believe it’s account related. It could be noob accounts don’t experience the same. I have no idea. But there are problems and issues that from my user experience, are significantly worse and make the site essentially useless logged in.

I consider myself fortunate that things are much better than they were. I'm on a mac running through my cell phone hot-spot. My iPhone has AdBlocker installed.

3.14nche

A-List Customer
Seemingly random issues like that are usually a PITA to troubleshoot...

If the problem was location based I would imagine being logged in our out wouldn't make a difference.

When on a computer you could try to find out what's taking so long in the dev tools of your browser (F12 in chrome for example) and maybe compare it to what happens when logged out.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
So, ok, it’s happening here too.

Can’t look onto the site via my notebook or iPad for days now. It’s not slow, it’s a complete no show.

iPhone is still alright. Haven’t changed any settings, no updates etc. I am typing right now while the notebook is stalled.

大馬伕

New in Town
It's okay with an Amazon Fire tablet, which is Android, and using a Chrome browser. It's terrible with my Android phone using Chrome browser, and Chromebook.

I surf the web and this website is the only one which has problems loading.

大馬伕

New in Town
Why would I disable ad blockers? I don't want the ads. That's why ad blockers exist.

Screenshot_20240621-170913.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240621-170913.png
    Screenshot_20240621-170913.png
    42.3 KB · Views: 29

Fifty150

Call Me a Cab
Sometimes the page doesn't load at all. Sometimes "www.cnn.com" will show up in the address bar. Sometimes I get the error screen. Photos don't load without multiple attempts. 9 out of 10 times, there's an issue.

Screenshot_20240621-175818.png
Screenshot_20240621-175751.png
Screenshot_20240621-175913.png
Screenshot_20240621-180943.png
Screenshot_20240621-181456.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240621-175501.png
    Screenshot_20240621-175501.png
    126.3 KB · Views: 24

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Crazy enough, there is zero problem with the iPhone. I will now try various browsers on the other devices and see how this goes. This seems to be a unique issue with this site, so there should be a solution too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld