Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Well, today is a very special day for hubby. He's receiving a HUGE promotion that he's been working towards for over a year. Not one, not two, but THREE raises included with it. And "Senior" in his new title. Very proud of him, so I'm making one of his favorite dinners.

Tonight we'll be having a slow-cooked chuck roast, mashed potatoes with gravy, and roasted carrots. If I have time/inclination, I'll make him some of his Grandma's biscuits.

Shhh! He doesn't know about this dinner. Nobody tell him!
:eusa_clap
Congratulations.
And the meal sounds great!

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
Well, today being my wife's 38th birthday, dinner tonight will be one of her favorites - her mom's homemade beef goulash, followed by her favorite cake - a special "Howard Johnson's" recipe chocolate cake, served with home-style vanilla ice cream.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Tonight will be homemade calzones - dough from scratch, leftover homemade spaghetti sauce, super garlicky meatballs I made last week. The rest of the fillings? Clean-out-the-fridge style. Maybe adding some bacon or some of last night's leftover roast. Will be yummy

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
:eusa_clap
Congratulations.
And the meal sounds great!

Thanks! He mentioned this morning that he's already thinking of his next move up the food chain - management. I told him always good to have a game plan, but settle in and get this new job done before he moves on. He's getting a lot of notice now (he does work for the board of directors, senior vps, and other mucky-mucks), so he needs to show that he's worthy of this new role before moving on.

It was DELICIOUS! Even allergy-ridden daughter loved it. Poor babe. Change of season is so hard on her.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82