Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Burritos

No jalapeños, we were out.

El Yucateco xxxtra hot Mayan recipe habanero salsa instead.

What a coincidence. We're having homemade carne asada burritos tonight. One of the housemates went to her nephew's birthday party yesterday and brought back the carne asada and some nopales salad from the party.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Homemade pizza tonight. Turkey pepperoni, black olive, mushroom, onion, and plenty of cheese.

Leftovers for our trip to the zoo (picnic lunch) tomorrow.

Tacos tonight. Ground beef with homemade seasoning. Also bought 2 pounds of shoulder steaks and put'em in a marinade of garlic, fresh jalapeno peppers, cilantro, and beer to soak all night and go on the grill tomorrow.

Tacos tonight. Ground beef with homemade seasoning. Also bought 2 pounds of shoulder steaks and put'em in a marinade of garlic, fresh jalapeno peppers, cilantro, and beer to soak all night and go on the grill tomorrow.

Try adding some lime, lemon juice(I would say grapefruit but PU!) or vinegar to the mix. An acid will make the flavorings penetrate deeper and tenderize the meat. Just a suggestion----take it for what it cost. :p

Try adding some lime, lemon juice(I would say grapefruit but PU!) or vinegar to the mix. An acid will make the flavorings penetrate deeper and tenderize the meat. Just a suggestion----take it for what it cost. :p
The alcohol in the beer (or wine sometimes) works the same way. Sometimes a citrus marinade, if soaked to long, will start to "cook" the meat like ceviche. It is the ticket, though, for just a few hours of soaking. Pineapple juice also makes for a tasty marinade, especially for pork and poultry. Vinegar is something I often use for ribs, keep a bowl full near the grill to mop them every time they get turned.

I do have plenty of fresh limes to squeeze on just before grilling, though, and for just before eating.

Not sure grapefruit would be the ticket for marinating anything but vodka.:p

The alcohol in the beer (or wine sometimes) works the same way. Sometimes a citrus marinade, if soaked to long, will start to "cook" the meat like ceviche. It is the ticket, though, for just a few hours of soaking. Pineapple juice also makes for a tasty marinade, especially for pork and poultry. Vinegar is something I often use for ribs, keep a bowl full near the grill to mop them every time they get turned.

I do have plenty of fresh limes to squeeze on just before grilling, though, and for just before eating.

Not sure grapefruit would be the ticket for marinating anything but vodka.:p

You have everything well in hand there then. No worries. Proceed as intended. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marco21