Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Seasoned potato wedges. Usually find them deep fried at a deli counter with chicken.

Deep fried doesn't work for those. You have to pressure cook them to get them at their best.
There was a place here that used to have them with their chicken---both pressure cooked. It was called chicken in a limo and it arrived in a limo when you ordered delivery. It was hilarious----AND Good!

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Deep fried doesn't work for those. You have to pressure cook them to get them at their best.
There was a place here that used to have them with their chicken---both pressure cooked. It was called chicken in a limo and it arrived in a limo when you ordered delivery. It was hilarious----AND Good!

For as much as I cook (daily, several times a day usually), one of the few pieces of kitchen equipment I don't have is a pressure cooker. I know the basics of how they work, but I do tend to be a bit clumsy, and I'm afraid of hurting myself (or my kitchen) with it. :(

Smithy

I'll Lock Up

They're very good James, baked in the oven. Chop some spuds up into wedges, drizzle with a good olive oil, sprinkle whatever spices and/or dried herbs you like and bake in the oven at about 200-220C till golden and crispy. Our 3 and a half year old loves them. But she insists on the sour cream and thai sweet chilli sauce to go with them ;)

Meatloaf, roasted vegetables - asparagus, cauliflower, carrots, and Vidalia onions - and baked sweet potatoes with butter and brown sugar.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Breakfast for dinner, so breakfast burritos (scrambled eggs with mushroom, onion, tomato, cheese, bacon crumbles, turkey sausage, & whatever odds and ends I find in the fridge) served with salsa and sour cream on top, and some fried potatoes on the side.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Salmon with steamed asparagus and baby potatoes.

...promised a lady the other night the best salmon dinner for an early Valentine's Day-upon arrival and being seated
my favorite waitress informed me that the kitchen was out of salmon....:eeek: ahhh. Call ahead, call, call. :eusa_doh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mismichael