Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
An absolute feast from the local curry house tonight.

Onion bhaji, murgh malai, lamb vindaloo, chicken tikka masala, garlic and keema naans, poppadoms, and raita.

So #$%&ing good!

Bangers & mash, mushroom-n-onion gravy, roasted carrots, Honeycrisp apple for dessert.

Sounds delicious!
Mushroom & onion gravy was part of dinner at our house too, only with crumbled up hamburger and mixed vegetables thrown in and served over rice. Good way to fly some veggies under the radar for my kids.

We had potroast that simmered in the crockpot all day. Topped with horseradish sauce and surrounded with potatoes and carrots. Garden salad/ranch dressing & iced tea. One of my favorite meals..!!
HD

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Sounds delicious!
Mushroom & onion gravy was part of dinner at our house too, only with crumbled up hamburger and mixed vegetables thrown in and served over rice. Good way to fly some veggies under the radar for my kids.

Exactly! That gravy was a great dipping sauce for her to eat the "yucky" carrots. She's not a fan of cooked carrots, but I am. She loves cooked onions, though, so if I put onions in a dish she will pick them out and gobble them down - sometimes eating other stealth veggies by accident. Spinach and mushrooms are my other go-to stealth veggies.

Our motto at the dinner table is "whatever it takes to get the food in her belly". If that means a side of dipping sauce (sour cream, bbq, ketchup, spicy peanut sauce, guac, etc'), then we do that - within reason. She has dipped grape tomatoes in vanilla yogurt before (made me gag!), but she ate all of it without complaint, so I considered that a food victory! Her taste buds are definitely more adventurous than mine were at her age.

We had potroast that simmered in the crockpot all day. Topped with horseradish sauce and surrounded with potatoes and carrots. Garden salad/ranch dressing & iced tea. One of my favorite meals..!!
HD
It is my favorite meal, but there are quite a few close seconds. I especially like it on day two; that is if there is anything leftover for a day two.
:D

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Of course TOE. ;)

Chicken, green beans, and tater tot crowns (look like flat tater tots).
Tapatio hot sauce on the green beans, and Sriracha on the tots.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I think that's the name of them.
The wife got confused and bought those and seasoned fries, instead of Arby's fries.
Yeah, those all look alike. :eusa_doh:

A traditional Persian celery stew (Khoresht Karafs) made by my mother-in-law. It is delicious!

1 Bunch Celery
1/2 lb Stew Beef
1 Bunch Each: Mint, Celery Leaves, Parsley
Turmeric, Salt, Ground Chili Pepper
2 Dried Limes
4 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 Small Onion

PREPARATIONS:

1- Dice the onion.
2- Chop stew beef in small pieces.
3- Soak the dried limes in boiling water for 20 minutes.
4- Mince the Herbs (Celery leaves, parsley and mint).
5- Cut Celerry in 2 inch pieces.
6- Boil 4-5 Cups Water.

DIRECTIONS:

1- Fry the onions in a small pot with 2 tbsp vegetable oil until translucent .
2- Add the Chopped Stew beef to the pot, stir and continue frying until the beef becomes brown.
3- Add Turmeric, salt and ground chili pepper, stir and continue frying for 2 more minutes.
4- Pour in enough boiling water to the pot to cover the mixture by 2 inches (Approx. 1.5 cup Boiling water).
5- Cover the pot with the lid and simmer it for 75 minutes.
6- Meanwhile, fry the chopped Celery with 2 tbsp Vegetable oil in a pot until they turn brighter green.
7- Add the minced herbs ( Mint, Celery Leaves, Parsley) to the pot, stir and fry along until the herbs become dark green.
8- Add the fried bergs and celery to the beef's pot, stir well until well mixed.
9- Cover the pot with the lid and continue cooking for 30 more minutes at low heat.
10- Make few holes into the soaked limes and add it to the pot.
11- Cook for 15 more minutes.

Serve over white rice.

khoreshteh_karafs2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82