Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What You'd Like To Have, What You Won't & What They Will Probably...

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Warbaby said:
I think mine will be "He's Not Here - He Decided Not To Go".

But if I have to go, I want to do it in style...

VintageHearseCR.jpg

I have a -rule- about this.....and why yes..it is stipulated in documents and has been made well known to loved ones.

I shall NOT be carried to my final resting place, in a hearse younger then I am. That gives them a 'no later then 1969 hearse' to procure. I would prefer earlier...but can't be so picky that it would be impossible to bury me..now can I?

Hearse design went to hell in the proverbial hand-basket after the late 60's....and I would have to haunt anyone who dared put me in one of those things....(and yes, I have provided references for hearse clubs so that said loved ones can contact folks who might help)

I would also consent to a flower car capable of casket carrying...again...pre 1970....

hmmm Tombstone.

Maybe

"Here lies everyones niece Denise...no idea where they put de nephew. "

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
I want to be an organ donor when I die, so with any luck my bits & pieces will be in tip top condition & there won't be much of me left to bury (actually I prefer cremation). Let's face it I've no use for my body after I die so it might as well help other people live.

So here's what I want on my headstone/plaque;

Here lies Lisa
Still around. You can't get rid of me that easily.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
I'm an organ donor, too. I just want the leftover bits taken care of. And cremation is my big no-no. I like the old cemetaries where you can have a tree planted on you, I'd like that.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
"He loved planes and the ladies too
He enjoyed a roast and a brew
He watched the cricket and the rugger
But in the end, what a bugger."

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Miss Neecerie said:
I have a -rule- about this.....and why yes..it is stipulated in documents and has been made well known to loved ones.

I shall NOT be carried to my final resting place, in a hearse younger then I am. That gives them a 'no later then 1969 hearse' to procure. I would prefer earlier...but can't be so picky that it would be impossible to bury me..now can I?

Hi Denise, you realize that the longer you last, the harder it will become, AND the worse sense of humor some old fart of a funeral director will have to have to meet your request. I bet that they cremate you and carry you to your final reward in an antique thunder mug. At least you can still find those made before 1969... lol

Not really trying to be rude, but probably being VERY successful.

Oh Absinthe 1900, it's not: "Hey Y'all, watch this...." to be completely correct it's "Hey Y'all, hold my beer and watch this...."

PERSONALLY, I'm torn between being cremated and thrown somewhere annoying, or having a huge tomb rock with a oddly shaped bottom, preferably with holes in it for the weeds to go through. I used to mow cemeteries for my Granddaddy Harv in my teens. Cemeteries with large numbers of moles in the hills of Western Kentucky. I can't decide to be nice to future mowers, or to get my evil revenge...

I really shouldn't type this late.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld