Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
'The Magdelene Sisters' - a difficult film to watch at times. Based on true stories about 'unpure' girls in 1960s Ireland who were sent to Catholic convents and were interred there for years working in the convent's commercial laundry as almost slaves.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
Where Danger Lives starring Robert Mitchum. Great movie and spectacular photographic work, best noir lighting and close-ups I've seen.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
The Informant - decent, but with the most incredible non-sequiturs

"That seems like a lot of thinking for a polar bear."

Dated Guy

Familiar Face
Whooee, A humdinger of a well acted movie, all five of the actors were simply brilliant, originally a stage play, transferred to film in 1962, of a period much earlier. 'Long Days Journey Into Night', Kathleen Hepburn, Ralph Richardson, Jason Robards and Dean Stockwell, plus a Irish housemaid. A very long look at a disfunctional family back then....marvellous.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Little Big Man (1970) this morning, The Four Feathers (1939) this afternoon. I think it was one of the rare color films of the era. Enjoyed it better than the modern one put out in 2002.

Cheers!

Dan

Dated Guy

Familiar Face
DanielJones said:
Little Big Man (1970) this morning, The Four Feathers (1939) this afternoon. I think it was one of the rare color films of the era. Enjoyed it better than the modern one put out in 2002.

Cheers!

Dan

That version is so delightful, I love the big guy C. Aubrey Smith, what a guy, typical, old school, military type..stiff upper lip and all that, what, what...
"The Russians were on the right", and so on, excellent behaviour old boy..:D

chanteuseCarey said:
Just watched "Passion of the Christ" with my 13-1/2yo son and 15-1/2yo daughter. Daughter has not seen it before. Son had watched parts of the recut version yesterday.
The protrayal of the scourging and on is pretty harsh scenes did you discuss any of it before hand or afterwards? (It tends to bring me to tears, myself.)

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Our daughter had not seen it other than the special features program long ago, our son had seen the same then, - but the film's scourging and the death was discussed by our Senior Pastor at church last night-so they heard about it there too. Both children were crying while we watched the film. I was still pretty choked up in places. We had talked about it previously and again today too.

When I saw this in its first theatrical release, at one point it really struck me personally and I spent the rest of the film literally wailing loudly and sobbing. When it first came out, they were saying it was probably too intense for kids under 14.

Clearly the most impactful film I've ever seen...

John in Covina said:
The protrayal of the scourging and on is pretty harsh scenes did you discuss any of it before hand or afterwards? (It tends to bring me to tears, myself.)

Mahagonny Bill

Practically Family
Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge

I watched "Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge" again this weekend. I always recommend this as a great test of Bollywood movies. If you don't like this movie, you probably won't like anything Bollywood has to offer.

Here is the musical number "Mehndi Laga Rakna" from the film.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O6boHsY1Rjc&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O6boHsY1Rjc&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe