Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

High Pockets

Practically Family
:) Just finished the ever-inspirational Cinderella Man.

Don't really like the way Max Baer was portrayed, but that's Hollywood for you. It was interesting to find out that the neighbor Sarah was played by Jimmy Braddock's grand-daughter who was, I believe, the artist in Mad Men that Draper messed around with.

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
Yipes. I've officially stayed up far too late. It's the "The Strange Hostel of Naked Pleasures", one more freaky Brazilian Coffin Joe concoction. Nothing more to say at all.

RBH

Bartender
HALLOWEEN

The classic by John Carpenter.
On AMC.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AQ-gGq-v4-4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AQ-gGq-v4-4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

But I also have to tell you I liked both of Rob Zombies takes on the films.

Inky

One Too Many
Young Frankenstein.

hands down my favorite movie for the past 35 years.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mOPTriLG5cU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mOPTriLG5cU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Scott Wood

Practically Family
Behind Enemy Lines

I am a fan of Owen Wilson and a huge fan of Gene Hackman so it isn't surprising that I am really enjoying "Behind Enemy Lines" as I sit here and watch it.
I guess it would be described as action/suspense and I don't think I had even heard of it before I tuned to History Television this afternoon but I would recommend to anyone who wants to spend a little time on the edge of their seat.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
"The Violent Men" starring Glenn Ford, Barbara Stanwyck and Edward G. Robinson. (Brian Kieth played a good supporting role, too).
I hadn't heard of this movie before finding it in a DVD bin at the local grocery store. I thought it was very good and Glenn Ford for my money is as good a movie cowboy as anybody!!

Scott Wood

Practically Family
The Night Listener

Just finished watching a suspense drama called "The Night Listener".
Based on true events and starring Robin Williams and Toni Collette, with Sandra Oh playing a small part in her usual wonderful way, it's a real psycho/drama weaving a tale that will draw you in.
With an amazing cast acting their best and a provocative story line I'd give it a 3.5 out of 5 :eusa_clap

Lorena B

Practically Family
Last night i had thanks to the Spanish TV , the Messengers and the Boogey man.
Boy, it was more scary the quality of the films than the movies themselves but hey, is Halloween so.. i guess it can get away with itlol

Scott Wood

Practically Family
The Stranger

Just found the 1946 film "The Stranger" starring Edward G. Robinson, Loretta Young and Orson Welles (also directed).
It's about finding a Nazi in postwar Maine and the subject is portrayed by a fellow named Konstantin Shayne who reminds me for all the world of a german Peter Lorre LOL

Happy viewing,
Scott

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
How to Murder Your Wife (1965)

What did they call screwball comedy in the mid 60s? This was pretty much it...with the battle lines between the sexes more tightly drawn than ever. Men in black and white uniforms with the monopoly on common sense, women all eye-batting and lapdogs and bucket hats.
Still, Jack Lemmon's style and panache makes Don Draper look like a department store mannequin, there's a penthouse party with jazz flute combo and the boss' wife Claire Trevor dancing on a table, and Virna Lisi is, well...Virna Lisi. :whistling
Virna+Lisi.jpg

See what I mean?

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
"How to Murder Your Wife" is such a fun film. I watch it every time I happen across it. Sadly, we've to "A Night to Remember" on TCM just now, which is another I have a hard time passing up, even though it never gets any easier to watch. :(

How to Murder Your Wife, is an all time favorite for me. I actually saw this in the theater with my parents when I was 8 at the theater in Amityville, LI, NY. It has a sense of screwball comedy, romance, the play of men and women, plus bringing that sense of love and caring that is the moral of the story. Verna Lisi has held a certain hold of the ideal woman ever since my initial viewing.

"And do see that the martini glasses are decently chilled this time!"

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Paranormal Activity. A couple tapes odd happenings in their house. He's a jerk, and she can't get a grip. The very small audience was snickering. People really think this is a scary movie?

SPOILER

I'd have throttled Mika, too--no demons necessary.

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
The Saddest Music in the World!!!!

Beginning right now, on Sundance channel!
Yes, I have the dvd, but it's so exciting to watch a broadcast, knowing others are being subjected to/enjoying it at the same time.
Isabella Rossellini, grainy film techniques, wacky depression-era costumes, Canada, music, irony, etc.....
It's the best, baby.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
John in Covina said:
How to Murder Your Wife, is an all time favorite for me. I actually saw this in the theater with my parents when I was 8 at the theater in Amityville, LI, NY. It has a sense of screwball comedy, romance, the play of men and women, plus bringing that sense of love and caring that is the moral of the story.
Moral tho it may be, I gotta tell you that Bosley Crowther in The Times called it the most misogynistic thing he'd ever seen on the screen. In 1965. That's goin' some.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe