Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I watched "The Blue Angel" last night starring Marlene Dietrich. I had never seen it before and WOW. Its very good but what a brutal ending!

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
Badluck Brody said:
One of my favorite lines we use in the department is:

"You know Egon.. I'm gonna take back some of the things I said about you..."

Then taking out a candy bar.

"Here... (pausing for dramatic effect) You...You really deserve this...

Another line we use when crap really hit the fan and we have to pass the word to our partners is: " Tell him about the twinkie!"

"We came. we saw. we kicked its A$$!!!"

i love in the second one where Murray picks up Weavers cello and plays it like a guitar...hilarious...

panamag8or

Practically Family
I just saw "Rock Around The Clock" (1956). Awesome movie, if you're into the early rock, and the mid-fifties thing. It had 2 songs from the Platters, and several Bill Hailey/Comets tunes, as well as the screen debut of Alan Freed.

I can just imagine all the kids filling the theaters to see this new "fad" when it came out.

Mr.Stevenson

New in Town
High School

Remember high school? Renowned filmmaker Frederick Wiseman's classic documentary HIGH SCHOOL renders this nearly universal American experience in unforgettable terms. Cited by the Library of Congress as a National Treasure, this 1968 film is both a document of the times and a statement of the ways in which school is used by one generation to pass its values on to the next.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Which version of The Painted Veil Carter? Garbo or the new one?

Love the Ghostbusters quotes, I use them quite a bit myself particularly "Generally you don't see that kind of behavior in a major appliance", "Dogs and cats living together - mass hysteria!" and "I love this plan! I'm excited to be a part of it! Let's do it!"

And, because I'm 12, I always crack up at:

Dr Ray Stantz: Everything was fine with our system until the power grid was shut off by d*ckless here.
Walter Peck: They caused an explosion!
Mayor: Is this true?
Dr. Peter Venkman: Yes it's true.
[pause]
Dr. Peter Venkman: This man has no d*ck.

Groundhog Day is so brilliant even Andie MacDowell can't wreck it. Harold Ramis' writing and directing is wonderful in that movie.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
imoldfashioned said:
Groundhog Day is so brilliant even Andie MacDowell can't wreck it. Harold Ramis' writing and directing is wonderful in that movie.

The local historical theater is going to show it (can't remember the date...sometime in February ;) . It will be great to see it on the big screen.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Quigley Brown said:
The local historical theater is going to show it (can't remember the date...sometime in February ;) . It will be great to see it on the big screen.

Oh, I'm envious! I never saw it in the theater, which is odd because I love Murray and Ramis. It was 1993--maybe I was too broke!

WinoJunko

One of the Regulars
The last movie I watched was Superbad. It is a bit crude but it really is a pretty funny movie! Jonah Hill and Micheal Cera are super funny together! Oh! Speaking of Micheal Cera, isn't he the guy in Juno? I've only seen adds for it but really wanna see that movie!

Badluck Brody

Practically Family
Ghostbuster's Quotes

The D!$% less quote is great!!

But being a deputy sheriff and constantly having "gents" and some "ladies" always expressing their admiration and desire to..... "Kill me".....I have come to enjoy the simple and thoughtful line from our dear friend Dr. Peter Venkman..

"I'm gonna miss you... I'm gonna buy him a fruit basket!"lol lol lol

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I saw Juno tonight and it lived up to all the hype--smart, funny, touching and not cliched at all. I loved it that you thought you knew what was going to happen with several characters and then the writer went a different way. Another theme I adored but it's a big 'ol spoiler so I'll wait to discuss it for awhile. Great cast. Go see it!

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
Badluck Brody said:
The D!$% less quote is great!!

But being a deputy sheriff and constantly having "gents" and some "ladies" always expressing their admiration and desire to..... "Kill me".....I have come to enjoy the simple and thoughtful line from our dear friend Dr. Peter Venkman..

"I'm gonna miss you... I'm gonna buy him a fruit basket!"lol lol lol

tell him about the twinkie...

Jovan

Suspended
Blade Runner "The Final Cut"

Absolutely awesome. An even more perfect movie than it was before, and the effects sequences hold up beautifully with the restoration work. Actually, they look more convincing than a lot of CGI attempts these days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe