Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

TimeWarpWife

One of the Regulars
Just finished watching Niagra with Marilyn Monroe and Joseph Cotten. The Courtship of Andy Hardy is in my DVR queue to watch next and later it's set to record Breakfast at Tiffany's and How to Marry a Millionaire to watch later tonight.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Hollywoodland. What a strange movie. The plot, is about a PI investigating George Reeves, the TV Superman's death.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Hollywoodland. What a strange movie. The plot, is about a PI investigating George Reeves, the TV Superman's death.
It was a very strange movie, but the wife and I enjoyed it.
Then again, we've seen almost all of Ed Wood's movies. :D
A bit more work and the movie could have been a lot better.

Just finished watching Niagra with Marilyn Monroe and Joseph Cotten. The Courtship of Andy Hardy is in my DVR queue to watch next and later it's set to record Breakfast at Tiffany's and How to Marry a Millionaire to watch later tonight.

I like "Niagara" as I find I enjoy Marylyn Monroe much more when she is not the "big" star and it's not a vehicle just for her. Joseph Cotton and Jean Peters are stars that don't get lost in all that's Marylyn, the story is solid (and not all about Marylyn) and the setting - Niagara Falls is a beautiful background. I have nothing against Marylyn, I just don't enjoy a movie that is all about her; I think she does a better job as part of an ensemble. It is also a neat movie to see how much more formal people were in dress, introduction and approach to each other than we are today. And that is at a not-fancy motel place.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Let it also be noted that Ben Affleck gives an excellent performance as George Reeves in that film. Whenever the "Affleck is only good at light comedy" argument comes up, I point folks to Hollywoodland. (And of course, now that he's going to be Batman in the next Superman film, he's effectively the only guy who's played both Batman and Superman in theatrical films. Okay, he's just playing George Reeves as Superman on TV, but still!)

My son and I saw Captain America: The Winter Solider yesterday. Outstanding! Marvel has upped their game yet again. A fine blend of jaw-dropping action sequences, really well done character moments, and a surprisingly intelligent, contemporary political story. This is the best Marvel Cinematic Universe film since The Avengers. (Sorry Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World, you were good, but this one really pushes the superhero movie envelope!)

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Let it also be noted that Ben Affleck gives an excellent performance as George Reeves in that film. Whenever the "Affleck is only good at light comedy" argument comes up, I point folks to Hollywoodland. (And of course, now that he's going to be Batman in the next Superman film, he's effectively the only guy who's played both Batman and Superman in theatrical films. Okay, he's just playing George Reeves as Superman on TV, but still!)

My son and I saw Captain America: The Winter Solider yesterday. Outstanding! Marvel has upped their game yet again. A fine blend of jaw-dropping action sequences, really well done character moments, and a surprisingly intelligent, contemporary political story. This is the best Marvel Cinematic Universe film since The Avengers. (Sorry Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World, you were good, but this one really pushes the superhero movie envelope!)

If you say its "outstanding" then that's good enough fer me. I'll try and see it this week. Thank man!

Worf

Let it also be noted that Ben Affleck gives an excellent performance as George Reeves in that film. Whenever the "Affleck is only good at light comedy" argument comes up, I point folks to Hollywoodland...
I concur. You never quite forget you're looking at Ben Affleck and not George Reeves, but I think it's one of his best performances.

I enjoyed Hollywoodland, but wish they'd handled the ending differently. I liked the way they presented the various possible scenarios that could account for Reeves' death by having Simo (Adrien Brody) considering the plausibility of each, but I wish they'd left it at that and let the viewers decide for themselves rather than strongly inferring the official determination (suicide) was the only possible conclusion.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Fargo
I've never seen the entire movie.
The wife and I really like it.
Then again, William H Macy is one of our favorites.

Shaft after this one.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
About 10 minutes of "Disco Godfather" starring Rudy Ray More aka "Dolemite".... And trust me when I say that was about 9 minutes too many! I'm so glad I was in uniform and missed this drivel the FIRST time it came around.

Worf

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
About 10 minutes of "Disco Godfather" starring Rudy Ray More aka "Dolemite".... And trust me when I say that was about 9 minutes too many! I'm so glad I was in uniform and missed this drivel the FIRST time it came around.

Worf

Just glad they put the word Disco in the title, saved me from ever watching it! You confirmed my good judgment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld