Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Spies (1928)

Fritz Lang silent about shady goings-on at a bank that's a cover for an international espionage ring. Too long - 2 1/2 hours, including too much romantic fluff - but a workable thriller (it's just neat seeing that genre in a period when it didn't really exist), and a prototype for later efforts by the likes of Hitchcock. The last half hour or so is particularly good.

C44Antelope

One of the Regulars
Marx Brohers - A Night in Casablanca. Not their best, and yet so much better than most of what passes for comedy today. Mr. Smythe: I tell you, that is my wife and you ought to be ashamed! Groucho: If that's your' wife, YOU ought to be ashamed.

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Our Town, 1940 ... William Holden as a child star.
Great in places, but what a sell out ending ... I'd forgotten that

Oh, yeah, go see RED if you've got the time

Sam

Alex Oviatt

Practically Family
Union City--A modern film noir tale of murder and paranoia set amid the grit of a 1950s industrial city based on the novel by Cornell Woolrich (Rear Window). With Dennis Lipscomb and Deborah Harry with a walk on part by a very young Pat Benatar. Good hats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe