Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Finally saw Inception.

All my friends were like, "Oh! Its so complex and stuff." No, not really. It was fairly easy to follow, and I did enjoy how the dream worlds physics were warped considering the physical state of the dreamer. I also really enjoyed that the dialogue of the characters didn't dumb itself down or overly explain things simply to have the audience keep up. I *hate* it when movies do that.

The characters were quite enjoyable. I really liked the thief, the fact he is a genius at what he does but still can't spell. The idea of the totems was really awesome. Im sensing DeCaprio likes to play the tortured husband of the crazy suicidal wife who will do everything he can to get back to his children.

I couldn't tell if Ken Watanabe's character was a hero or a villain. He had the most to gain by what they were doing, but he said some things that made you think he wasn't as opportunistic as he was. Couldn't figure that one out.

To me, that last shot of the film was the entire reason for the movie. It was actually chilling.

LD

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sword of the Beast (1965). Very much typical to its genre, Sword of the Beast was enjoyable but flawed. Lasting just under 1.5 hours, the characters are not fully fleshed, the plot slightly disjointed and the ending scene a little rushed.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Finally got around to watching The Tingler (1959) with Vincent Price on our DVR. It was very creative for it's time. In select theaters they put electrical buzzers under select seats so patrons would feel the mild jolt or tingle from the creature.The film went black, all lights in the auditorium (except fire exit signs) were turned off, and Vincent Price's voice warned the audience "The Tingler is loose in THIS theater! Scream! Scream for your lives!" This cued the theatre projectionist to activate the buzzers and give several audience members an unexpected jolt. Pretty neat gimmick.

Cheers!

Dan

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Toy Story 3. Absolutely loved it. I knew when they made the third film, it would have to be really, REALLY good to top the other two. They didn't disappoint!

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Breakfast at Tiffany's - I honestly know this movie word for word at this stage but how I love it!

The Devil's Backbone (La Espinazo del Diablo) - enjoyable movie - not as scary as I thought it would be but great story and solid cast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mismichael