Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rocketblast

One of the Regulars
I watched most of 'Millions Like Us' (1943)on TV at the weekend - missed the beginning unfortunately, but it completely distracted me from all the (boring) things I had to do. As my boyfriend said, nudging me (cheeky sod) "Oooooooh hairdos!".
He knows what I like!

Derek WC

Banned
A movie from 1909, I'll have to get back to you on the name, it's about indians, and that's all I can remember from it, I don't watch a lot of movies, but when I do they are from before 1960.

swinggal

One Too Many
Saw 'Centurian' tonight at the cinema. Not bad, not great. Somewhere in between. About the the legendary 9th Roman Legion that disappeared in the land ruled by the Picts in what we now call Scotland, during the Roman rule of the Brits.

Very brutal and bloody but I don't have a problem with that when it's in context.

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Bad Day at Black Rock. Had seen this as a kid at a sort of young folks' auditorium that I think was designed to entertain your children while you gambled at Harrah's Club. It was echo-y.

I misremembered the climatic molotov cocktail scene: for decades I recalled it as flares or sticks of dynamite rather than an empty liquor bottle filled with gasoline thrown at Robert Ryan. The screaming of the Ryan character as he put out the flames in the sand was imprinted on my pre-adolescent mind.

edit: BDABR was last night. Today, Charlie Chan In Monte Carlo, the last Chan film with Warner Oland, and Charlie Chan in Honolulu, the first Chan film with Sidney Toler.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
"Inception" at the flicks last night. It's by no means perfect but I enjoyed it although it does make your brain go round in circles a tad.

Rocketblast

One of the Regulars
plain old dave said:
Harvey. I can't get enough of James Stewart. Elwood P. Dowd.... Nuff said.
Absolutely. I had the misfortune of stumbling across the remake on TV a couple of years ago and could only watch a few minutes as it was so very terrible. What is the point??? James Stewart is what makes Harvey brilliant.
Having watched The Man Who Knew Too Much and Rear Window in the last week I now want to watch all of my JS faves - Harvey, It's A Wonderful Life and Mr Smith Goes to Washington are probably on the top of my list. Anatomy of a Murder might be up there too with the Shop Around the Corner.:)

Rocketblast

One of the Regulars
Wally_Hood said:
Bad Day at Black Rock. Had seen this as a kid at a sort of young folks' auditorium that I think was designed to entertain your children while you gambled at Harrah's Club. It was echo-y.
That's the one where Spencer Tracy beats the crap out of someone with his one arm, isn't it? I haven't seen that for ages, I don't remember much so it's about time I re-visited it. I really like Spencer Tracy, particularly his comedies with Katharine Hepburn, Adam's Rib probably being my favourite.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Lonny said:
The last movie I saw in theatres was Get him to the Greek, but I recently purchased "The four feathers." I loved it.

Which version of Four Feathers, the original or the Heath Ledger remake? I really enjoyed both, but preferred the original.

I saw Get Low in the theater over the weekend. For those who don't know, the film is very loosely based on an alleged real-life story of a 1930s Tennessee hermit who wanted to have his "funeral party" while he was still alive, starring Robert Duvall, Bill Murray, Sissy Spacek, Lucas Black, Gerald McRaney, and Bill Cobb. Despite it's premise it's really a quiet, simple film, but the performances by Duvall and Murray are arguably the best of their careers. Definitely worth seeing but, unless you live in the Los Angeles or New York areas, it might be a while before it makes it's way into a theater near you.

Honey Bee

One of the Regulars
"Bathing Beauty", 1944 with Esther Williams, Red Skelton, Basil Rathbone
Oh, for a bathing suit like hers!

oops...actually "Brideshead Revsited" was on the other day while I was cleaning house :)

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Rocketblast said:
That's the one where Spencer Tracy beats the crap out of someone with his one arm, isn't it? I haven't seen that for ages, I don't remember much so it's about time I re-visited it. I really like Spencer Tracy, particularly his comedies with Katharine Hepburn, Adam's Rib probably being my favourite.

Yes, indeed. Spencer uses one-handed judo to bring down Ernest Borgnine's hefty psycho-creep, while local cowpokes stare open-mouthed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe