Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
"The Blob" (1958)

Great movie! Here is a rare photo of McQueen riding The Blob.
9ba239fd0c862c69518ca10e54be3307_zpstwf5nm8x.jpg

basbol13

A-List Customer
Dark City with Charleton Heston, Lizbeth Scott, JacK Webb, Ed Begley and Mike Mazurky. 1950 Film Noir (The only genre worth watching) about revenge. These movies never get old and it's kind of fun playing "guess the fedora".

Big J

Call Me a Cab
I watched 'The Wicker Man' in tribute to the late great Christopher Lee.....well worth watching for any fans, definitely better than the Nicholas Cage version!

You know, I think that is Christopher Lee at his all time creepiest. Great performance.

12 O' Clock High

I feel obligated to say this every time this movie gets a mention here: that is an outstanding movie that get even more enjoyable the more times you watch it.

I saw "The Killers" the other night to fill a gaping hole in my film noir viewing history. I love the atmosphere, the style and the acting; whereas, the story was okay, but basic. That didn't matter though as the style and feel of the movie was incredible. And it was funny to see a young William Conrad, whom I grew up knowing as "Cannon." He looked like a computerized simulation of a younger Cannon - right down to his (in the younger version) black mustache.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Fury. I found it somewhat overrated. An okay WWII tank flick with harrowing battle sequences, excellent production, and good performances. But pretty darn depressing and disturbing. No question, it's a grim story, but it seemed a little more relentlessly downbeat than it had to be.

Fury. I found it somewhat overrated. An okay WWII tank flick with harrowing battle sequences, excellent production, and good performances. But pretty darn depressing and disturbing. No question, it's a grim story, but it seemed a little more relentlessly downbeat than it had to be.

That is not what former tankers from WWII think. They say it pretty much nailed it.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
I am not speaking to its accuracy re history, which I could see is outstanding, just my response as a viewer. It didn't move me in the way the best war films often do.

Interesting.
Tankers have said the film was spot on except for the short range tank battle. I wonder if this is an effect of Hollywood; that we expect to be uplifted with some moral message (or something) whereas the reality of war (for all I know) is a depressing, relentless series of soul sapping events.
And then you die.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe