Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

St. Louis

Practically Family
I just watched an creepy & slightly clunky B movie titled The Seventh Victim (1943) which had some wonderfully atmospheric scenes and the incomparable and severely underrated Jean Brooks. This movie also introduced Kim Hunter, who was a bit awkward in her first role, but later became the entrancing female lead in one of my all-time favorite films, A Matter of Life and Death (1946.)

Edward

Bartender
Travelling again, so catching up with a bunch of films I missed previously. On th plane I watched Twelve years a slave and Mandela. Both great films. The former feels slightly disjointed at the end; the narrative seems to jump straight from the pits of despair to everything being suddenly sorted out. A bit jarring, but then as it is based on the book of a true stroy perhaps this just reflects the reality, as opposed to an attempted at a well-crafted narrative. Great film, nonetheless. I look forward to reading the book. Mandela is also based on a book - this time, the titular Mandela's autobiography. Also superb. Some very nice menswear in the early scenes.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
A Curse of the Drunken Werewolf film has amazing horror/martial arts potential! I'll have my people call yours to set up a meeting. ;)
I'd see that, even without the Rifftrax guys.
This would be awesome though, part canine and part blackbelt in karate?
Wow, he'd move like Ruce Ree. :D
scoobydoo.jpg

I have Hit Man from 1972 on the DVR but haven't had time to watch it.
Maybe tomorrow...

Last edited:
Captain Phillips; even though we know how it turns out, we were still caught up in the tension.
I finally watched Captain Phillips yesterday, and I agree; even though you know how it will turn out, they did a good job of maintaining that feeling of tension throughout the movie. I think that's because there isn't any wasted footage--every scene moves the story along, and you really don't get a break once the crew realizes they're under attack. If Irwin Allen had produced this movie, the first half would have been all about getting to know all of the characters before the action started. :rolleyes:

I also watched RED 2 (2013) yesterday. If you liked RED, it's pretty much more of the same...except, y'know, without Morgan Freeman.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe