Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
We Were Soldiers starring Mel Gibson, Sam Elliot, Greg Kinnear and Barry Pepper. There is a bunch of up and comers in this one, too. A very good movie about a battle in Viet Nam.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
+ 2 on the sounds Worf...

Also for me is the sound track from this:

mlnhwo.png

In the middle of the story where he is alone , tormented,
the music, was, is & will always be the most depressing
haunting sounds I have ever heard.:eeek:

Good call... I never noticed the soundtrack... I was too riveted on the story... I've seen to many lost souls like this in my life... drugs, drink, sex, stupidity... take your pick.

Worf

DesertDan

One Too Many
My Big Fat Greek Wedding
Very closely parallels my experience with my wife, only her family is Mexican.

Last edited:

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
+ 2 on the sounds Worf...

Also for me is the sound track from this:

mlnhwo.png

In the middle of the story where he is alone , tormented,
the music, was, is & will always be the most depressing
haunting sounds I have ever heard.:eeek:

Really good choice.
I'm watching Red Planet Mars with Peter Graves.

Good call... I never noticed the soundtrack... I was too riveted on the story... I've seen to many lost souls like this in my life... drugs, drink, sex, stupidity... take your pick.

Worf

One of the things that makes this a great move - besides the incredible (especially for its time) honest portrayal of substance abuse - is that it doesn't have a bad scene in it or a scene that you want to fast forward through when you watch it again (and again). Casablanca, a pretty acceptable standard for a great movie, has the same quality - every scene is interesting and compelling on its own. No matter where I tune into Casablanca or The Lost Weekend, I am engaged and interested. So many good and very good movies still have some filler or boring scenes - but not the truly greg movies (they might have one or two, but not several, and sometimes none).

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Psychomania, 1972. I had insomnia the other night and caught the end. It was so bad, I don't think James could even watch it! An undead motorcycle gang. Still not sure if it was made as a horror film, or more on the lines of Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes! One, sean, a girl on her BSA ran into a baby carriage, or is that a Pram? Instead of being terrifying, you had to laugh, it was that poorly done.

Psychomania, 1972. I had insomnia the other night and caught the end. It was so bad, I don't think James could even watch it! An undead motorcycle gang. Still not sure if it was made as a horror film, or more on the lines of Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes! One, sean, a girl on her BSA ran into a baby carriage, or is that a Pram? Instead of being terrifying, you had to laugh, it was that poorly done.

Never heard of it but my instinct is that it is 70s so I better run away.....:p
I don't want to see a BSA messed up either. :p

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Never heard of it but my instinct is that it is 70s so I better run away.....:p
I don't want to see a BSA messed up either. :p

Now James, 70's films aren't that bad.
Each decade had poorly made films that have now become classics, okay cult classics.
Psychomania wasn't interesting to me because it was a motorcycle gang.
I'm not really into those flicks, dead or undead. :D
I do have Mean Streets on the DVR, and once Halloween is over, I'll watch that.
I also have Black Caesar but haven't watched it yet.
Great track by James Brown though.

Now James, 70's films aren't that bad.
Each decade had poorly made films that have now become classics, okay cult classics.
Psychomania wasn't interesting to me because it was a motorcycle gang.
I'm not really into those flicks, dead or undead. :D
I do have Mean Streets on the DVR, and once Halloween is over, I'll watch that.
I also have Black Caesar but haven't watched it yet.
Great track by James Brown though.

A greater percentage of them are bad than any other decade before that though. :p I have to suffer through the horrible fashions and décor while watching it too. Perfectly amazinbg looking women look horrible in that dreck. :doh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld