Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Oh, and it was only heard in Los Angeles, over the Warner Bros. station, KFWB. Nobody cared about the Oscars enough to put it on a network.
I don't care about the networks enough to have even realized that it was Oscar season. [huh]
Oh well, I suppose I didn't really miss much.
Anyway, I watched "Europa, Europa", a really good German film based upon real life events of a young Jewish boy who ends up at a hitler youth school and miraculously survives The Holocaust.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I wouldn't watch the Oscars unless someone paid me in the six figures to subject myself to that rotten, insipid lot of reprehensible, self-congratulatory encephaloids.
Lets face it, it's been down hill for the Oscars since the 70s! Before we got cable, there wasn't any thing else to watch.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Popular opinion is that he bombed, but the ratings came out today and they're up 11% in the age group the Oscars needed. 18-49

Read my last comment. If he could boost the ratings like that again... they'd have em back in a heartbeat. Also my friend Sugi who owns "The Spectrum Theatre" (www.Spectrum8.com) says the kids she employs LOVED the Oscar's so it very well may be a generational thing.

Worf

rjb1

Practically Family
Agree 100% about not watching the Oscar presentation. I can read about who won what in about five minutes the day after.
And this year, with Seth MacFarlane involved, you would have had to tie me down and force my eyelids open ("Clockwork Orange") to watch them.

( I wonder if his trained-manatee writing staff were involved in his Oscar-material preparation? - "South Park" fans know what I'm getting at...)

MissNathalieVintage

Practically Family
2001 A Space Odyssey
Since 2001 A Space Odyssey is a cult classic when the movie was being shown at the theatre I had to see what all the excitement was.

This was my first time viewing the movie at the theatre. I was very creeped out during the first part of the movie which opens with the dawn of man. Being an evangelical it did not make any sense to me and the part where one of the ape men kept beating on the other ape man after the fight was over was even harder to watch.

The special effects were wonderful, thumbs up to that. Still after having watched the film I still do not get what the big deal is about 2001 A Space Odyssey. I know a lot of people like the film, the theatre was completely sold out during the show that was proof enough. Thanks to google and IMDB here is the link
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062622/ I now know what the story line is, which I was looking for while viewing the film, still do not get it.

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol...Tom Cruise saves the world again. I guess there are better ways to Pass two plus hours, but it was fun

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
2001 A Space Odyssey
Since 2001 A Space Odyssey is a cult classic when the movie was being shown at the theatre I had to see what all the excitement was.

This was my first time viewing the movie at the theatre. I was very creeped out during the first part of the movie which opens with the dawn of man. Being an evangelical it did not make any sense to me and the part where one of the ape men kept beating on the other ape man after the fight was over was even harder to watch.

The special effects were wonderful, thumbs up to that. Still after having watched the film I still do not get what the big deal is about 2001 A Space Odyssey. I know a lot of people like the film, the theatre was completely sold out during the show that was proof enough. Thanks to google and IMDB here is the link
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062622/ I now know what the story line is, which I was looking for while viewing the film, still do not get it.
You've got to watch 2010 then, it finishes the story and explains that weird "ending" that 2001 has. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_%28film%29

Feraud

Bartender
TCM must have run a couple of Carol Reed films last night. I skipped The Third Man (have it on dvd) but watched the wonderful The Fallen Idol. Ralph Richardson delivered a perfect performace!

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Desperado - not the Antonio Banderas one, but a made-for-t.v. movie starring Alex McArthur as Duell McCall. They were on NBC in the '80s, five in all. Wish they'd release them on DVD.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Desperado - not the Antonio Banderas one, but a made-for-t.v. movie starring Alex McArthur as Duell McCall. They were on NBC in the '80s, five in all. Wish they'd release them on DVD.

I can remember watching these originally when they were out... I can remember my parents thinking they were quite quite good. (I enjoyed them but I wan't much of a film critic as a kid.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82