Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

McMurdo

One of the Regulars
Went out last night to watch The Hobbit in IMAX3D, it was a great film, though it could have been 20-30 minutes shorter. One thing I did notice was that unlike the normal 3D, IMAX3D does not give me a headache.

m0nk

One Too Many
I also caught the Hobbit last night as well. And while there was a tad longer intro than needed, and some of the scenes were instead taken from the LOTR book appendices, it was very well done overall. I watched it in a digital theatre that showed it at the 48 fps rate, which I had no issues with.

Quite simply put... If the gods of Television said you could have one channel and ONLY ONE channel for eternity TCM would be my pick. Where else can you see Serials from the 30's, Grade B horse operas, Grade Z 50's Sci Fi, silent film classics, foreign masterpieces AND the best Hollywood has to offer without one ounce of commercials EVER! It just don't git no better. God Bless you Ted Turner.... (Slurps down a slug o' rye whiskey)

Worf

You are as right as rain! In the past year I had to upgrade with Comcast to a more expensive package after They decided to take it away from me. It is by far the most important channel on television in my little world.
:D

Currently watching, The Dead a zombie movie on Syfy. It is actually a pretty entertaining movie and not in the typical cheesy Syfy manner. It is pretty rare to see talent and thought in the same movie on Syfy.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
You are as right as rain! In the past year I had to upgrade with Comcast to a more expensive package after They decided to take it away from me. It is by far the most important channel on television in my little world.
:D

Here's to TCM...

Santa-Claus-christmas-2736332-800-600.jpg

Cheers !

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier Spy.

Meh. It was okay. I hate those movies where there are so MANY scenes that trying to figure out what's going on is hard.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
The Thin Man.
As someone on here pointed out a few weeks ago, it's a Christmas movie.
But then again, Nick Charles is a smart a** which brings an enjoyable element to the film (in my view). :)

McMurdo

One of the Regulars
A Christmas Carol is on TCM with Alistair Sim, my favourite Christmas movie of all time.

Oh I agree with everyone regarding the importance of TCM, without it I would simply not watch television.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe